Puzzling behaviour in vista - locked files

vbimport

I have an occasional problem on my vista Pc where I use DVD fab to customise a DVD which is already on the hard drive e.g. to remove some unwanted title set

What happens is that after I watch part of the output to check that customise has worked OK ( by opening video_Ts.ifo in powerdvd ) , then closing powerdvd, vista will not then let me delete or rename the DVD folder, it tells me that the VIDEO_TS folder is still in use.
When I have experimented further, I can go into the Video_TS folder & can usually delete all but one of the .VOB files, but one will be “in use”. yet when I reboot the PC, that file will have deleted also!

At first I thought this was a powerdvd v7 bug, because it only occurs after watching part of the DVD, but after complaining to them & being assured it wasn’t, I now wonder if some element of DVDFab stays actve after the rip has ended and the DVDfab program has apparently been closed. The version on my vista PC is 5.0.2.0

NB I can rename / delete all files & folders OK if I reboot the PC first.

NB I can’t reproduce the fault by just turning on the PC & then viewing & renaming dvd folders already on the PC, so I think it only happens after running a DVDfab process & that it only happens in Vista ( Home premium)

has anyone else ever encountered a similar problem ?

I’ve run across this a lot. It’s a Windows thing and very annoying! Google for “unlocker” it’s a little free utility just for this and a couple other useful things.