Putting sound in gap

I have a CD with one of those “hidden tracks” at the end of it. I’m going to copy the last part of the track and make it a new track at the end of the cd so I don’t have to scan through all the silence to hear it. But, before the song there is talking which I want to put in the gap before the song. Does that make any sense? Anyways, I was wondering how to make a cue sheet that would do this, or maybe some way to do it in Nero? Thx for any info.

Usually, there are different ways of approaching an audio edit. Here is one straightforward and relatively failsafe way:

Rip all of the tracks to WAV files, and open the last track in an audio (wave) editor. Nero has a very basic audio editor, and it would be easier to set timings with a more sophisticated editor like Cool Edit Pro or Sound Forge. However, Nero’s will do if you’re careful.

Listen to the track in the editor, and remove the part of the track that is not wanted. Save the truncated track, and then use it to replace the original version when burning a new CDR or encoding MP3’s.

Originally posted by mmz87
But, before the song there is talking which I want to put in the gap before the song. Does that make any sense?

Sure, you can do this with cue-sheets. Set index0 to the start of the file, set index1 to the point in the file after the talking part.