Putting extra disk with features back together

vbimport

Hi, I want to put a DVD9 of extra features back to what it originally was, including the menu’s. Now it’s splitted into 2xDVD5 with DVDFab, and has two features as a whole on each disk. Merge won’t do because I still get the option of two seperate disks, appending is not an option because the features are already complete in size.
Is this (too) difficult, is there a good heart that can point me in the right direction? I haven’t found an answer in this forum yet, but I may have missed something…
Many thanks.
UtNut

I am not sure what DVDFab does when it splits, but a merger should work. Once you have that, you can change commands to go to your menu instead of Merge menu. Than delete what you do not need.
If that is too complicated, than “Copy and Upend PGC” should work.
After that you will have to add chapters in Title and change commands in Chapter menu to point to new chapters.
Also you will need to check upended PGC and posibly delete last cell in original, if blank, and make rest seamless in upended PGC.
That should about cover it.

Isn’t it easier to just use the original disc if you have it rather than going through all this trouble?

Hi CDuncle/toaddub, and thanks for your replies.

I haven’t got the original dvd9, just a split of 2 dvd5’s. I followed the first method CDuncle described, but it doesn’t seem to work. Please consider I’m in no way experienced with DVDRemake, just thought to give it a go. Any help most welcome.
Tia - UtNut

You can do this using DVDShrink. Here is a guide, http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/multiple_dvd_to_dvdr_dvd_shrink_page_3.cfm

Thx Whappo, tried it, but noticed that it can’t preserve the menu, which is what I want.

If you will be more specific as to what did not work, may be we can help.

@CDuncle

When I do your first suggestion and merge the two dvd5’s, and then remove anything I don’t want, which is basically everything that contains nothing, it runs straight into one of the features and I get no menu. Your 2nd suggestion does give the menu, but the features added by copy and append PGC won’t play.

OK
Lets start with the merge.
You cannot delete anything without changing commands.
I assume that your DVD is split on a Title. First DVD has menus and first half of title, second has second half of the title only.
When you do merge, merged DVD will add all VTS from second DVD plus VTS with a default navigation menu.
Default menu has choice of two DVD to play. If you click on first DVD it will go to a menu in that DVD, assuming that how the first DVD was working before.
If you click on second DVD in default menu, it will start to play second half of the title, assuming that how it was working before when you inserted second DVD into the player.
You can use Debug to see how merged DVD functions.
If you want to bypass default menu, you can change command in First Play to jump to a Root menu of first DVD, which will get you to your main menu.
Easy way is to right click on VTS which contain Default menu and click on “Hide all blocks”. That will bypass it and get you to a main menu in first DVD. That is the first step.
Now you will have to change command at the end of first Program PGC to navigate to a second half which is in different VTS.
To do that add PGC in VMG Menu and use Jump/Call command at the Cell or Post Command section of first title to go to that PGC. Than Pre Command in that PGC will be Jump to a VMG Title #, where number is a number for second Title. You will find corresponding number if you click on VMG Titles.
Now add one more PGC in VMG Menu and change command at the end of second Title to go to that PGC.
Pre Command of that PGC will need Jump to a VTS Menu which will be your Root menu of the first DVD.
I added two PGS just to make it simple, because there are PGC made by merge to navigate between those two DVDs, but you will have to look for them.
If you have Chapter menu to navigate second DVD, it may get little more complex, but we get to it after first part is working.
Do not delete anything.

Second method is easier, especially if you have to deal with chapters, because they are in the same VTS.
It may not play the way you did it because there can be a command in last Cell of first DVD to stop the play to insert second DVD. That you have to see and delete it, also make transition cell seamless.
You have to edit Title to add additional chapters from second DVD to match and check on Post or Cell Command in Program PGC that it go back to a menu at the end of play.

[QUOTE=CDuncle;2525286]OK
Lets start with the merge.
You cannot delete anything without changing commands.
I assume that your DVD is split on a Title. First DVD has menus and first half of title, second has second half of the title only.
When you do merge, merged DVD will add all VTS from second DVD plus VTS with a default navigation menu.
Default menu has choice of two DVD to play. If you click on first DVD it will go to a menu in that DVD, assuming that how the first DVD was working before.
If you click on second DVD in default menu, it will start to play second half of the title, assuming that how it was working before when you inserted second DVD into the player.
You can use Debug to see how merged DVD functions.
If you want to bypass default menu, you can change command in First Play to jump to a Root menu of first DVD, which will get you to your main menu.
Easy way is to right click on VTS which contain Default menu and click on “Hide all blocks”. That will bypass it and get you to a main menu in first DVD. That is the first step.
[/QUOTE]

So far so good, it’s now starting in the original menu.

At your next section I got completely lost, some explanation of were I’m up against is perhaps a good idea.
Originally, before it was split with DVDFab there were 4 features/titles. VTS 1 & 3 (14:19 & 54:52) were kept complete and went to the first DVD5, VTS 2 & 4 (35.45 & 25:28) also complete went to the second DVD5, also DVDFab kept the VTS numbers as they were. After merging the original VTS numbers 2 & 4 are now found in VTS 8 & 10.
Obviously VTS 1 & 3 will still work in the original menu, but of course not 2 & 4.
What I struggle with is how do I tell DVDRemake to restore the original menu so that it will work again, also noting that that the orginal VTS2 now 8 has a submenu for different sections to play.
Here’s hoping I don’t test your patience too much…

I was under the impression that only one title was split.
Since you have more that one VTS on second DVD (more than one title) it will get little more complicated. You mentioned that you have second menu (sub menu) on second DVD. Does that menu go to VTS 2 & 4 now 8 & 10?
If that is the case, you can get to that menu by clicking on DVD2 button of main menu created by Remake when you merged.
You can use Debug to do the test.
Are there buttons on main menu to go to this sub menu, or is this sub menu just a chapter menu to play different sections of one title?
Are there buttons on main menu to point to VTS 2 & 4 (8 & 10) of second DVD?
Nothing is lost, it can be fixed, but it will take some command modification.