Puting a cd in cd rom reboot compter

:a

can any one tell me, why when you put a cd in cd rom drive, or for that matter my other drive which is a dvd cd rom drive
it re boot my comter
it did it twice this morning when i try to use a norton systemwork cd, to use one of ther tools that on the cd

i know the cd good as i use it any time

i begin to wonder it this is not part of my bigger problem window reboot on me with out warning, ot when i put a USB hub in plug, it reboot to, and my main beef is when i start y up windoe have to try a couple time before it will load, head a lot of click

i wondering if it not my power supply

i have found some info to point me to that fact

like the below

If your computer has been running fine for some time, and you haven’t installed any new hardware or software recently, then my tendency would be to start suspecting various hardware components.
Perhaps the most common are failing fans. The fans that move air through your machine to keep it cool are critical to its operation, and are often the first to fail - either due to accumulated dust and dirt, or simple age. When the fan stops working, the machine overheats, and when the machine overheats - it crashes. Randomly.

Next most common is a failing power supply. Power supplies can fail slowly - meaning that they can become ‘marginal’ before they fail completely. And the symptoms of a marginal power supply are - you guessed it - random crashes. This is one of those cases where replacing the power supply (or having someone replace it for you) is often an inexpensive test. Particularly if you’ve added more hardware to your system over time, you may simply be demanding more of the power supply than it was designed to provide, so an upgrade might well be in order as well.)

RE-BOOTING PROBLEMS

One main problem you may face with an ailing Power Supply is that it may re-boot the computer without any warning. All information is lost and it seems as though this happens at the worst possible time.

Booting errors when the computer first start’s up is another indicator of this component going on the blink.

TroubleShooting
The Power Supply

One main problem you may face with an ailing Power
Supply is that it may re-boot the computer without any
warning.All information is lost and it seems as though
this happens at the worst possible time.Booting errors
when the computer first start’s up is another indicator
of this component going on the blink.

Q---------
i have a problem that some time my compter does not boot up at start up , have to try a few time, and then it of a sudden it reboot on me, no warning

you site is the first one to confirem what i was think, but i can find no info on it any where

TroubleShooting
The Power Supply

One main problem you may face with an ailing Power
Supply is that it may re-boot the computer without any
warning.All information is lost and it seems as though
this happens at the worst possible time.Booting errors
when the computer first start’s up is another indicator
of this component going on the blink.

so it could be the power supply after all

A---------
Hello Sir,

Yes,the power supply is famous for this.It will
stop working all at once,re boot without warning,
as you said,and they will allow some components
to work while others won’t.

You can check it with a multimeter but the results
will not be conclusive.Hope this helps and thanks
for the email.

Q----would a power supply, cause a compter to reboot when you try to
use a cd
in cd rom and /or if a cd was left i a cd rom when compter was
shut
down

A----Hello Sir,

Yes but first try this:

Unplug the cdrom power cable and boot the computer.
Let it run for awhile and see if it reboots at times.

It may be that the cdrom is causing the power supply
to reboot the system.Once you remove the power cable
from the cdrom,start your computer and it does not
re-boot.The cdrom is causing a short and is the culprit.

If the computer reboots even with the power cable unplugged
from the cdrom drive and it still reboots at times,the power
supply is slowing failing.Don’t buy a larger power supply.Get
the same one you have in your system now.

A PC that boots on the second or third try is most likely suffering from a quick power_ok (or power_good) signal, coming on before the power supply has stabilized. The presence of the power_ok signal tells the motherboard that the power supply is stable, while its absence tells the motherboard to stay off to protect itself. It’s possible the power supply isn’t quite up to the current ATX standard or the motherboard is a little too demanding about timing. Booting twice every time you want to turn on the PC isn’t an ideal situation, so unless you leave it on all the time, look into buying a higher quality power supply, ideally one recommended by the motherboard manufacturer

Problem:

Computer freezes or reboots at random intervals.

Possible fixes:

Update Windows. Ensure you have the latest service packs installed.

Update all Device drivers. Driver issues, especially for video drivers, are a common cause of system crashes. Click here for a handy utility that scans your system and test your current drivers.

Scan for viruses, malware, spyware. Click here for a complete list of free utilities that will perform a thorough scan of your system.

Re-seat all cards & plugs.

Test your RAM. Use this utility, and let it run overnight for best results.

Test your HDD. Click Start --> My Computer. Right-click the disk you want to check (usually C. Select Properties. Click on the Tools tab. Under Error Checking, click Check Now. Select the Automatically Fix File System Errors option, and the Scan For and Attempt Recovery of Bad Sectors option. Click on Start.

Defragment your hard drive(s). Click Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> Disk Defragmenter.

Confirm that system temperatures are not reaching critical levels. Processors are especially susceptible to overheating, but other components can also cause problems. Consult the Computer Hope forums for diagnostic tools that will analyze your system temperatures.

Ensure your power supply is adequate to the needs of your system. If you have purchased a bare bones system to save a few bucks, and have added components over time (drives, video cards, etc.), these add-ons may be making demands that your power supply is unable to handle. Determine the wattage rating on the power supply in your machine; the label on it will usually provide this information. Then click on this link to calculate your system’s requirements.

Try to recall any changes you have made to your system. New hardware or software will sometimes cause conflicts, creating problems where none previously existed. If you begin having issues and can pinpoint their occurrences to a time immediately after a change was made to your system, the new hardware/software may be the problem.

Clean the registry. A Google search or the Computer Hope forums will direct you to several free utilities that will scan and clean your registry.

as for the last part i try many of them all really and even change a hard drive wher window sit, and i still have the problem

:confused:

Sounds like PSU (power supply) issue to me. Had a similar problem with an HP PC that I had. Had a huge (sarcasm) Bestec 250w stock PSU. Replaced with an Antec 350w and never had a problem afterwards.

that what im useing now
a Sunny Tech CWT ATX-250 watt ATX

i found a Journey Systems Power Supply Calculator on http://journeysystems.com/power_supply_calculator.phpand did the test

my min power supply should be 250 watt and that new, not a couple year old all really

Find you one around 400w (I prefer Antec) that’s reasonably priced and it should work wonders. Other people have their preferences and may be able to steer you to more choices. Here is a thread with some suggestions.power supply thread. Here is another one that list some good brands and blacklisted ones power supply thread #2. Happy hunting!

im think of get this one from http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1361838&CatId=1078

Diablo / 400-Watt / ATX / Dual 80mm Fan / 24-Pin / SATA Ready / Power Supply
Diablo 400-Watt, 24-Pin, SATA-Ready Power Supply
Every great PC system needs a dynamic, reliable power supply. With the 400-Watt ATX switching power supply you get all that and more! The sleek Diablo power supply is loaded with super features that make it an incredible value. Fits into any standard ATX case. The Diablo 400-Watt ATX switching power supply comes with dual 80mm cooling Fans and complies with ATX Ver. 2.03 and ATX 12V Ver. 1.1. This Diablo power supply features low noise/ripple with short circuit and over voltage, overload protection.

Specifications

AC INPUT 115V/230V - 60/50Hz
DC OUTPUT +3.3V +5V +12V -12V -5V +5VSB
400W Max
Combined
Watts 26A 35A 15A 1A 0.5A 2A
400W

Connectors

1x Main Power (20/24-Pin)
1x 12V (P4)
5x Peripheral
2x Floppy