Purposely burning @ slower speeds

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GH22L. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I bought this LG DVD burner that doesn’t record CDs slower than 16x. Is there anyway to overrride that? When I have a blank CD-r in the drive that I’m about to burn, there are options for 16x and two other higher speeds. When I eject the CD-r the options change to a wider range of speeds sometimes 1x is included, depending on what program I’m using. Roxio’s Easy CD creator 5 with the compatibility update will give me an option for 2x. But When the actual burning takes place it always burns it @ 16x, regardless of the program used to burn the CD and the fact that I chose 2x or something damn slow like that. Most CDs burned at this 16x speed are fine, but the odd time there will be a click sound in the middle of an audio track, presumably an error. It is not physically or emotionally distressing (well maybe a little) but when I copy a CD or burn a CD, I want it to be as reference quality as possible. If random clicks don’t need to be there I’d rather they not be there. The writer also only writes "High Speed cd-rw"s at 12x. There are ALWAYS errors on those. And they are not just ramdom clicks. They are continual scratching, sore throat-sounding sounds. The music is unlistenable. But when I take an OLD scuffed up regular-speed cd-rw and can burn it at 4x, there are no audible errors. YET THE DISC IS SCRATCHED! HOW? I hate these fast-burning options. They are the devil. HELP ME NOW SUPERMAN!

What media are you using?

And a bit of reading: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/slow-write-speeds-modern-drives-modern-media-no-good-247643/

When I eject the CD-r the options change to a wider range of speeds sometimes 1x is included, depending on what program I’m using.

the speeds will depend on the firmware support of the inserted cd-r.

id go ahead and try burning at 32x or higher.