Purchased Blue ray to blue ray

Hi guys, i have used dvd fab for awhile now…Used it a lot with regular dvd’s and purchased the full version back then.

Now I noticed, they are actually charging for the right to burn blue ray, which i really do not understand. I mean it should just be an update for us customers who have been loyal and paid the full amount in the past…But forget that part, i just purchased the blue ray option for two years…put in slumdog millionare…(which by the way i really do own) and went to copy the movie…

two problems

1. there is no option to copy the movie to a 25gig blue ray disc…Why not? If it can be done with dvd 5 and dvd 9 it can be done with blue ray.

2. As soon as the process started. It stopped immediately and said Error and my computer ejected the blue ray movie!!!..What is up with that?

Please if someone works for the company or something, can you please let me know what is going on. I just paid a lot of money for the software instead of pirating it , like everyone else does because I’m a loyal customer of a couple of years… I expect it to work…and it does not …Anyone have any ideas?

I just realized the two year clock is ticking on my purchase…I think it should not start until the software is working properly…

Thought I’d keep the Blu-ray to Blu-ray comments in this already started thread.
I just purchased the Lifetime lic. for this product also. Downloaded the latest version of 6xxx, installed, entered the new lic. key no problems.
Problem comes when I put in the BR version of 2010 The Year We Make Contact to make a backup copy and the scanner starts but never completes. Seems to lock up the program so that the Cancel option doesn’t work either. Have to to to Task Manager and End Task on the program.
Tried a few different BR movies and it would read some but not others. And the above comments by jtravapd are echoed by me too.
I know the Products page for the Blu-ray to Blu-ray does say that some features are ‘Coming soon’. Wondering if those updates will solve these problems?

[QUOTE=jtravapd;2276678]I just realized the two year clock is ticking on my purchase…I think it should not start until the software is working properly…[/QUOTE]

I don’t know if this will help or not, but take a look at the thread that SLOVEHEART started.

Fengtao has indicated a [B]T E N T A T I V E[/B] schedule for some of the very things you are looking for.

I don’t disagree with your sentiment, but if you check the threads here at all, you probably knew that the Blu-Ray option needed more work, and could have (theoretically) not used it until a future update, which would have allowed you a better chance to evaluate the Blu-Ray portion of the software before the trial period runs out.

But all is not lost, as if you are happy with the way the DVD to DVD portion functions, I personally think it is a given that you will be equally happy with the Blu-Ray portion (even sight-unseen).

OC

:slight_smile:

Still no word from anyone? So basically i paid for an app that doesn’t fully work yet, but the clock is still ticking on its expiration date?

How am i the only person that thinks his software shouldn’t be expiring until its fully functioning. If it wasn’t working properly, we shouldn’t been able to buy it yet. Since i did pay, i am happy to wait for them to fix the bugs, but i shouldn’t be penalized for it by having my software expire.

What if they take 2 years to fix the software? am i supposed to have to buy it again even though i already paid for it, and its not working?

Either stop my expiration time from running, or i want my money back…this isn’t fair.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2276241-post2.html

[QUOTE=jtravapd;2276676]Hi guys, i have used dvd fab for awhile now…Used it a lot with regular dvd’s and purchased the full version back then.

Now I noticed, they are actually charging for the right to burn blue ray, which i really do not understand. I mean it should just be an update for us customers who have been loyal and paid the full amount in the past…But forget that part, i just purchased the blue ray option for two years…put in slumdog millionare…(which by the way i really do own) and went to copy the movie…

two problems

1. there is no option to copy the movie to a 25gig blue ray disc…Why not? If it can be done with dvd 5 and dvd 9 it can be done with blue ray.

2. As soon as the process started. It stopped immediately and said Error and my computer ejected the blue ray movie!!!..What is up with that?

Please if someone works for the company or something, can you please let me know what is going on. I just paid a lot of money for the software instead of pirating it , like everyone else does because I’m a loyal customer of a couple of years… I expect it to work…and it does not …Anyone have any ideas?[/QUOTE]
Slumdog Millionare has bd+ fab will be able to do this in a few weeks,as for compressing it to a 25 gig disk it will be 8 to 10 weeks for this feature.:smiley:

For the quality of the DVD Fab program, which has always been relatively problem free for me, I’m happy to wait for the features to be added to the Blu-ray to blu-ray product and the bugs to be worked out. I have confidence in the writers of this software.
Since I bought the ‘Lifetime’ lic. I’m not worried about the expiry date.
It’ll be really nice to be able to put the larger movies onto the 25 gig discs since most of the Blu-ray movies are larger than 25 gigs it seems like.
Keep up the good work guys. And thanks to all the ‘helpers’ here on the forum.

Has anyone successfully backed up a Blu-ray from Vista-64? I have tried several disks. DVDFab 6.010 scans forever (up to 15 minutes) then crashes. the only difference from one disk to another is how long it takes to crash.

the DVDFAB will NOT work on most of the FOX Blu-rays. Someone mentioned Slumdog M. that is a Fox title as is Quantum of Solace, Master and commmander, iRobot, the BOND movies are all FOX too as is Cast Away, Independence Day, all the Die Hard movies

they need to do some update on the software to be able to rip these movies

yes i did a copy of bedtime stories that worked out just fine