Publix grocery store chain sets up DVD rental kiosks in stores

I just posted the article Publix grocery store chain sets up DVD rental kiosks in stores.

Back in June 2004, McDonald's famous for their Big Mac's & fries had  come up with the idea of installing Kiosks in their stores where customers can rent  movies for a $1+Tax a day. ...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12012-Publix-grocery-store-chain-sets-up-DVD-rental-kiosks-in-stores.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12012-Publix-grocery-store-chain-sets-up-DVD-rental-kiosks-in-stores.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

$1 a day? Thats 30 or 31 dollars a month… Id rather subscribe to Netflix for $9.99 per month with unlimited 1 DVD out at a time for the entire month… Thats such a bad bargain… :r

k so why not set these up as dvd burning stations instead? Super fast internet…5 bux a pop…boom, 10 minutes and I got a dvd of what I want…be smarter then renting

Maybe some typical average consumer is only going to rent 3 movies a month at maximum and it would be cheaper to pay 3 bucks then 10 online? And what if I am busy this month and don’t want to rent any time to to rent movies I got to pay 10 bucks anyway while with the machine I don’t have to pay for anything if I rent nothing. Yes I know you can cancel your netflix service for a month but usually you wont know that your not going to rent a movie that month until it’s over. Not many people know how busy they are going to be next week let alone the whole month.

one thing i want to add is that McDonald’s charge the $25 after 25 days if not returned, not like the other vendor that charges $35 after 14 days.

While you make a valid point, you forget that many consumers DONT return their videos promptly which forces them to incrue those late fees… Take the $1 a day and the late fee of $35 for a grand total of $49, that doesnt seem to be such a good bargain, or a safe one. The entire “What if…” scenerios can play out in many different ways, I just feel that not having to worry about returning a movie (driving to the store included) is the better deal…

$1 DVD RENTAL THAT IS GREAT I ONLY TRIED THIS ONCE AND ITS THE BEST THING I EVER TRIED. :stuck_out_tongue: THE ONLY THING IS WHEN I WENT TO GET THE MOVIE I WANTED THEY NEVER HAVE IT. :frowning: WHENEVER I GO TO PUBLIX DOWN THE STREET I CHECK BUT THEY NO HAVE I AM LEGEND :frowning: . AFTER ALL THIS $1 MOVIE THING IS A GREAT WAY FOR WATCHING MOVIES FOR SUCH A LOW PRICE. :g

SORRY FOR MY TERRIBLE TYPING! :+

my ass hurts

people really have nothing better to do than chat about a movie kiosk?