Psx

Hi all!

I’ve got a big problem when copying PSX games. I tried to use ClonyXL to identify the copy protection and it was PSX/Libcrypt.

I set CloneCD to read subchannel data and created an image to my disk. I then recorded the image at 1X, and without error correction (or what ever the function is calle ;o))

And it does not work. Nothing happens when turning on the play station. I used the same method on Dino Crisis and that was not a problem. Should I use some other software? or other settings in cloneCD?

The games are: “A bugs life” & “Hercules”. yeah yeha… it is for a friends kid ;o)

Pleas help me.

/yoxler

Settings for PSX/Libcrypt:

READ:

[ul][li]Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks
[/li][li]Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks[/ul]WRITE:
[/li][ul][li]Don’t repair SubChannel Data[/ul]A low reading speed is recommended when using an older drive for reading. Please note you need a reader/writer that can read/write in DAO-RAW with 96 bytes of SubChannel Data. Check www.elby.de for a hardware list and their supported features.
[/li]
Please also note that the PSX has to be modded in order to play back-ups and that they’re sometimes picky when it comes to used media. Proper CD-R’s (like Philips Silver Premium) is recommended for older PSX models.

Grtz

Those settings you’ve provided is the exact same as the ones I used. So my settings are correct.

I’ve got a Mitsumi CR4808TE and it supports RAW-DAO 96 (checked that first when I bought the recorder ;oP)

And the PSX is ofcourse modded. I’ve created copies before, using CDRWin, but I heared that CloneCD should be better.

I create an image with the recorder (at max speed) and later record the image att 1X. I’m recording on Sony disks. As I said I successfully copied Dino Crisis 2 using this method. But when copying “A bugs life” & “Hercules” it just does’nt work.

Thanck you for trying to help me!

/yoxler

Just leave Error Correction set to Software. Clone will figure out if Hardware is better or worse :slight_smile:

And use a lower reading speed than the maximum speed…

a OK!

Will try tonight

Thank you!

:frowning:
It did not help. Tried copying “Metal gear” and that did not go well either.

Weird because a DAO-RAW96 writer should be able to do it. For the record: you’re using proper media (CD-R’s) and you used your Mitsumi as reader ? Which read/write speed did you use ?

I’ve tried Sony and kendo CD-Rs. And I’m using my Mitsumi for both reading and writeing. And I used 1X both for reading and writing.

Is it important to write “on-the-fly” or that should not matter?

Originally posted by yoxler
Is it important to write “on-the-fly” or that should not matter?
Nope… Otf just means you burn directly from your reader to your writer without to first having to create an image.

Which CD-R’s did you use for your succesful back-ups?

I used Sony. I only used Kendo for “trying something else” ;o)

I’ve pulled my hair so many times this weekend that I soon will be bald ;o)

I’m currently trying out CDRWIN… se if it will work… but CloneCD should be the best one…

Wohoooo!!

Success finally! It did not work with CloneCD but with CDRWIN it worked!

Think I will give up CloneCD when copying PSX.

Thank you for trying to help me!

Originally posted by yoxler
[B]Wohoooo!!

Success finally! It did not work with CloneCD but with CDRWIN it worked!

Think I will give up CloneCD when copying PSX.[/B]
Success? CloneCD fails is not what I call succes :wink:

hehehe true true ;o)

I will later ty installing an earlier version of CloneCD. The version I was using was 3.2.1.1.