PSX/PS2 and DVD's

Here i got some questions. I’ve tried searching for some things but im better with direct answers.

First how exactly do u burn Playstaion and PS2 games. I’ve heard multiple solutions and I think im gonna use a modchip (where do i get one). So after a buy the chip then what do i do. Also it seems that there is only protection for like PSX libcrypt and nothing for Ps2. What’s the deal or can u only copy PSX games.

Sencond issue. What programs can i use to copy dvd’s. I guess i need also somtin that can read for protection. So basically that means the burning program needs to be able to acccess profiels or do dvds work differently than cds. I need some help. Any and all would be great. Thanx

Can someone help me please and respond. I no ure prob mad that i cant use the search engine but i dont get the instructions. Please Reply!!

For DVD I use DVD Decrypter then DVD2ONE and then I burn it to DVD.

For P2 I just use DVD Copy or CD Copi in Nero. It makes an image on your Hd(I don’y use on the fly) and then it burns it to DVD/CD.

I hope it helped you a little… searching for a modchip is quite easy.
Just look at yahoo or google… or another search engine.

Does PS2 games or Dvds have protection?

Nothing except the boot protection…

/MLS

whats that mean (boot protection)

Originally posted by MLS
[B]Nothing except the boot protection…

/MLS [/B]
(Reported elsewhere on this site) Some PSX discs have

Leadin
Leadout
TOC

so the TOC can’t be find by conventional means and not copied. Might be just a tweak for backup authors

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B](Reported elsewhere on this site) Some PSX discs have

Leadin
Leadout
TOC

so the TOC can’t be find by conventional means and not copied. Might be just a tweak for backup authors [/B]

Never seen this before… If you mean the thread about FFX-2 there are others that have no problem with this game…

http://www.ps2newz.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17371

@Jason: The PS2’s main protection that cannot be copied yet, and probably never will, you need a modchip to circumvent.

/MLS

well if i julst buy a modchip and copy like a dvd (talking about PS2 here) will it be fine

Yes, try DVDDecrypter, or DiscJuggler. Copy normally. Theres nothing special you need to do.

/MLS

DVDDecrypter will do PS2 on DVD?

yeah, iso (not ifo!) mode>write mode. :slight_smile:

/MLS

what the heck were u talkin about for the Final Fantasy X-2?

ive coem to notice that dvds are larger than 4.7 gigs (usually 7-8 gigs) and dont fit on a disk. Is there something im misssing here?

note- i use dvd decrypter and 4.7 gb disks

A data DVD, larger than 4.37 GB can be imaged to the hard-drive and run from something like Daemon Tools. A data DVD < 4.38 GB can be burnt
A movie DVD-5 can be backed up onto a DVD recordable
A Movie DVD-9 or larger must be transcoded before burning

Treat a PS2 disc like a data DVD

Boot stuff here

what is dvd-5 and dvd-9?

you can burn ps2 games and play em without a modchip…haven’t quite figured out xbox games yet though

Originally posted by JCHYSK
you can burn ps2 games and play em without a modchip…
Oh goody. Be the first one to tell us.

jchsk do i do anything different to play ps2 games without a modchip when reading/writing

my friend was checkin some stuff out and noticed that just about all new(and some old) dvds are duel layared. Is this the reason y companies are fitting 8gb in a 4.7 gb disk. Is there any dvd programs that allow u to seperate the layers and then put them on a new disk so that the information will fit. Someone please respond!!!