PSJailbreak PS3 mod ban permanent, while free solution unveiled

vbimport

PSJailbreak PS3 mod ban permanent, while free solution unveiled.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/09/WK1fxc.jpg[/newsimage]An Australian court has make a decision today to permanently uphold their temporary ban on the PS3 PS Jailbreak USB modchip dongle just as a new free solution, PS Groove, has hit the internet with instructions and step-by-step instructional videos going viral.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/psjailbreak-ps3-mod-ban-permanent-while-free-solution-unveiled-33971/](http://www.myce.com/news/psjailbreak-ps3-mod-ban-permanent-while-free-solution-unveiled-33971/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Does anyone want to bet that if the court ruling sticks, that the company will leak the ‘know how’ to the web in retaliation. All they would have to say is they were hacked.

Lol … they’ve already been hacked, hence the open source version :wink:
It won’t be long until the market is flooded with copy-cat versions of the PSJailbreak, based on the PSGroove open source software :slight_smile:
So, I guess Sony should increase the price of the console to compensate for the game sale losses, as all the Xb0x360 fanboi’s jump ship and buy PS3’s so they can be banned form the PS network too :wink:

Regardless, the cat’s out of the bag, until the next major firmware update, which will likely close the loophole :stuck_out_tongue:

My bet is that the patch to close the USB device vulnerability coincides with the 3D Movie playback firmware update :wink:

[QUOTE=debro;2542748]My bet is that the patch to close the USB device vulnerability coincides with the 3D Movie playback firmware update ;)[/QUOTE]I think it’s game over for them, the cat is out of the bag for good.

With the PSP Sony constantly put out new updated firmwares without any apparant reason why you should upgrade to it. Most of them said something like improvements and intellectual property mumbo jumbo.

(Un)fortunately, the people who did upgrade, could still downgrade. And the people who didn’t upgrade just waited a few months until people like DarkAlex came out with a newly hacked firmware.

When some binary file gets pwned, usually all versions get pwned. Sure, Sony will patch it. Others will unpatch it again.

It strikes me that usually there are just a few groups of people in the world which have found the ultimate knowledge about some consoles firmware, but nobody else gets to know it.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2542809]It strikes me that usually there are just a few groups of people in the world which have found the ultimate knowledge about some consoles firmware, but nobody else gets to know it.[/QUOTE]
Methinks that only GWB and his tiny circle of trusted inmates know the location of the WMD’s … the voices in his head told them where they were :iagree:

So it doesn’t come at all as a surprise that only a small quantity of people in the world know the intricacies of console firmware :iagree: