PS4 will not support images/mp3/video files

Yep. Sony is cutting corners. They are taking their chances to save money.
Its pretty much a gaming machine nothing special.
Why is this important? If you like watching ripped movies, mp3s, and DLNA it is. The PS3 seems more appealing
then the PS4 right now. Will this
affect there sales? As for the Xbox One…it will support everything…you name it…mp3 files, video files, images, you name
it. Xbox one will support voice navigation for content like the iPhone.
Most consumers had no idea why Sony would do this. Btw I canceled my preorder. I believe they are doing this to not encourage piracy. Say good bye to those features.

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2707766]Yep. Sony is cutting corners. They are taking their chances to save money.
Its pretty much a gaming machine nothing special.
Why is this important? If you like watching ripped movies, mp3s, and DLNA it is. The PS3 seems more appealing
then the PS4 right now. Will this
affect there sales? As for the Xbox One…it will support everything…you name it…mp3 files, video files, images, you name
it. Xbox one will support voice navigation for content like the iPhone.
Most consumers had no idea why Sony would do this. Btw I canceled my preorder. I believe they are doing this to not encourage piracy. Say good bye to those features.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for this useful informítion. It’s quite a munition to explain to my kids why I won’t by another game console, aka PS4, for them. :bigsmile:

Microsoft leaders are so far gone they cannot even see that some things they do will hurt sales as this one will.

Also there was a tweet by an upset user who posts this… it is not verbatim:
“…you guys removed MP3 & DLNA so users are forced to use your Sony services such as Sony Unlimited Music/Video. Be honest” he responded: not true.
The tweet in question can found with enough searching & it does exist.
But I do remember reading this. Turns out yoshida wasnt exactly honest:

you will see Sony’s services next to the video symbol & music symbol as well.