PS3 vs xbox 360

Hi

Can anyone tell me which is a better buy- Xbox360 or PS3? I dont know anything about either of them. I want to know in terms of performance, game titles,after sales support etc and everything else that there is

I also want to know about their multiplayer capabilities and networking features. I also want to know about the various formats that each of them support. All I know is that xbox supports HD-dvd and ps3 uses blu-ray. Will blu-ray’s victory over Hd-dvd affect Xbox360? I also want to know about backward compatibilities with the older versions

Thank you

hi there buddy, id say get a xbox 360 for the terms of the games and online content , some amazing games out for it and some amazing games due out for it soon.
Where as the ps3 has been out a while now and nothings really happend till mgs4. one problem with the 360 is the RROD (red ring of death see link below)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems , this is caused by the cooler clamps to get hot and break as far as i know. i aint had an rrod’d machine yet but mine have always been well ventilated , few of my friends have had rrod and microsoft have dealt with it accordingly by repairing their machines free of charge and chucking them in some live time etc or by brand new consoles. the ps3 on the other hand has blu ray support, only the 60 gb model supports backwards compatability to run ps2 games unlike the 360 where u can just update ure machine via live. when you download the update u can play old xbox 1 games, but seeing as the ps3 60 gig is now discontinued and fetches a premium on ebay etc. i would go for the 360 in the gaming aspect of things just down to the maturity of live , the amount of games out there for the 360. Dont get me wrong the ps3 will be good but its like a fine wine it needs time to mature. u can download hd movie content off xbox live also and rent movies off there too in hd, but my opinion would be get a xbox 360.
but just for the ps3 fanboys i own both and this is my opinion of what i would do .:iagree:

thanks for your reply. I was just looking around, and I came across modded xbox 360 and ps3s. Could you please elaborate on that?

Got small kids? Flashed XB360 all the way. Those games are expensive and are better protected away from them. PS3 is not hacked for playing backups.

Image quality of the games is almost the same on both systems.

The advantages of the PS3: It is silent and the blue ray drive. The 360 is as loud as a turbine, but I don’t care, you don’t hear it if you are playing at a normal volume. It could be a problem when watching media.

Pooi,

You are you asking this same exact question again? You have already posted this question in the exact terms once before on this forum. I’m just curious because you had many good replies in that thread. Anyway, I’ll say again it all comes down to what you want from the console and what all the console can do.

They are both great. If you want a hack and mod then go with 360. If you want an all around media/gaming machine then go with PS3. Good luck with your purchase and enjoy which ever console you get.

[quote=jaewest1;2136415]Pooi,

They are both great. If you want a hack and mod then go with 360. If you want an all around media/gaming machine then go with PS3. Good luck with your purchase and enjoy which ever console you get.[/quote]

Very well put and true.

I’m a PS3 owner because that’s what i was after. And at the time i still believed it was the only way to get the Final Fantasy game. :rolleyes:

The Xbox wins in graphics.
You can play music while playing a game which is awesome :stuck_out_tongue:
and Gears Of Wars.

[quote=reort;2136702]http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/
The Xbox wins in graphics.
You can play music while playing a game which is awesome :stuck_out_tongue:
and Gears Of Wars.[/quote]

Actually, Xbox CAN NOT possibly win in graphics as PS3 supports 1080p also, and PS3 supports 1080p right out of the box. As for playing music in games, PS3 does that as well but not many games are supporting that feature as of yet. Some do but not as many as XBox just yet. If we are talking games then we could say Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, God Of War 3, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, and so on and so on. Please try to let the OP make an informed descion…not a fanboy filled rant:clap:

http://www.itvidya.com/playstation_3_vs_xbox_360
check that too

[quote=reort;2136705]http://www.itvidya.com/playstation_3_vs_xbox_360
check that too[/quote]

It is quite obvious that you are either A: a fanboy or B: some sort of spammer. I see you posting unknown sites in attempt to reference some BS about which console is best. The truth is simply they are both great in one way or another. The PS3 is a fantastic machine and much much more than just a gaming console. The Xbox is a very very good gaming console but not much more than that. These are facts not speculation. I could give many a link that says PS3 over Xbox for xxxx amount of reasons. It all comes down to ONLY one thing. That thing is what exactly the person wants from the machine.

what about Too-Human, Gears of War 2, Fable 2 and Splinter Cell: Conviction for the 360?

huh? this is the first time i’m ever discussing this topic in any forum

While this might be true…unlikely but possible. I am trying to explain to you that this person started this thread because they want FACTS about both consoles. They want functions and not personal opinions. You are quite fond of your 360, right? It shows in your posts. The point is to inform…not to be fanboy-ing your ideas to the OP. I do understand that the Xbox is quite a good console as is the PS3, but many a Wii fan will say the Wii is best. I think it all comes down to your wants and needs. With the PS3 I can not think of a single thing that you could want or need that isn’t available. With 360 if you want to upgrade the hard drive you MUST buy from MS and pay way too much. PS3 allows you to buy ANY 2.5" laptop hard drive and use it.

See the last part of my post there…that is the type of thing that will benefit the OP. Try to do a little more like that instead of just stating opinions.

and linux :frowning:

Good point. I forgot all about installing Linux as an OS on the PS3. That is another great option. Very good point:clap:

On the other hand, you can buy two XBOX 360’s Elite (with 120GB HDD) for the price of one PS3 in Europe.

Which one of those X360’s also plays Blu Ray?

Oh…neither. :open_mouth:

As far as gaming goes, i’ve never liked the controller for the Xbox system. Just my opinion there though. I’ve heard plenty of people say they prefer that controller setup.

[QUOTE=7thSinger;2137279]Which one of those X360’s also plays Blu Ray?

Oh…neither. :open_mouth:

As far as gaming goes, i’ve never liked the controller for the Xbox system. Just my opinion there though. I’ve heard plenty of people say they prefer that controller setup.[/QUOTE]
xbox controller sux man, im sure it was designed for a cripple.

Would you please mind your language on this forum!

It’s also worth notiing that the initial poster has not been online since December last year.

[QUOTE=Seán;2238815]Would you please mind your language on this forum!

It’s also worth notiing that the initial poster has not been online since December last year.[/QUOTE]

Hey man, that post should be removed. The language on it is surely disgusting and offensive against many.