PS3 vs PS2 vs PC(SLI/Crossfire technology)

vbimport

i was checking prices of few graphics cards and i find out them very expensive. so i was thinking one should buy PS2 or ps3 rather then having graphics cards (SLI or cross fire).

wt do u say ?

The PS2 is very old, don’t even consider it. The PS3 is very versitile but not as much as a PC. The PS3 has a blu ray drive already there and can send audio over the HDMI, so its great for home theatre. You can also run protein folding to help science research when your not using the PS3.

AMD finally has crossfire where it scales perfectly the way two cards should perform. So getting a 4830/4850 video card then running them in crossfire will give outstanding performance. Also the P45 chipset is inexpensive and can support crossfire.

[B]You can also run protein folding to help science research when your not using the PS3.

[/B]
This thing is totally new for me .:bow:…can u explain it a bit more … ???

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-PS3

The PS3 is very powerful for doing protein simulations.

If you get a PS3 make sure you get one of the latest version, they are usually less expensive and use less power. The latest one is 45nm and uses 80 watts of power, I don’t know if its available at the moment.

old news: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/07/cell-down-to-45nm-ps3-production-costs-to-slim-too/

Looks like the ps3 45nm version won’t be here till '09

i voted for PC.

im pure image quality and general graphics… the PC is almost always best… although if you put control methods aside and look at overall graphics and frame rate (which frame rate is real important) a console is a pretty solid choice especially with the newer generation XBox360/PS3 stuff since they closed the gap between PC’s and Consoles quite a bit especially if you have a HDTV.

and in my opinion if you play shooters i think the PC is far better than consoles cause of the easier to use/more precise mouse’s aiming abilities which are lacking on a analog stick since you can react quicker and pinpoint stuff faster on a mouse vs a consoles analog stick.

but even with that said… there are people who prefer a console over a PC for shooters but im damn sure not one of them :wink:

so in other words YOU gotta choose which u feel is best for YOU :wink: … but basically if ALL your looking at it ‘graphics’ then the PC is the best choice… but if you want pretty good graphics (that are close to PC’s with HDTV) and have a overall good performing game (i.e. stable and generally good frame rates) then a console (i.e. XBox360/PS3) is the best overall choices… plus if you factor in PRICE, then obviously a console is far better cause to keep the newest state of the art PC games graphics/frame rate good you generally have to update your pc often.

bottom line… if you dont mind using a console analog stick to aim at stuff (assuming u like playing shooters) then a console the overall safer bet… but if you cant deal with using a analog stick to aim at stuff and generally like playing alot of shooters then there is NO choice, PC by a mile :wink:

[quote=NBR;2154399]i voted for PC.

im pure image quality and general graphics… the PC is almost always best… although if you put control methods aside and look at overall graphics and frame rate (which frame rate is real important) a console is a pretty solid choice especially with the newer generation XBox360/PS3 stuff since they closed the gap between PC’s and Consoles quite a bit especially if you have a HDTV.

and in my opinion if you play shooters i think the PC is far better than consoles cause of the easier to use/more precise mouse’s aiming abilities which are lacking on a analog stick since you can react quicker and pinpoint stuff faster on a mouse vs a consoles analog stick.

but even with that said… there are people who prefer a console over a PC for shooters but im damn sure not one of them :wink:

so in other words YOU gotta choose which u feel is best for YOU :wink: … but basically if ALL your looking at it ‘graphics’ then the PC is the best choice… but if you want pretty good graphics (that are close to PC’s with HDTV) and have a overall good performing game (i.e. stable and generally good frame rates) then a console (i.e. XBox360/PS3) is the best overall choices… plus if you factor in PRICE, then obviously a console is far better cause to keep the newest state of the art PC games graphics/frame rate good you generally have to update your pc often.

bottom line… if you dont mind using a console analog stick to aim at stuff (assuming u like playing shooters) then a console the overall safer bet… but if you cant deal with using a analog stick to aim at stuff and generally like playing alot of shooters then there is NO choice, PC by a mile ;)[/quote]

Thanks for ur views …:iagree:

any one want to vote ??