PS3 or plain Jane Blu-Ray player?

Who owns what and which one should I buy? :confused:

I bought a PS3 slim about a month ago and just love it.

The fact that I can play AVCHD discs (though a lot of standalones can as well) I have it hooked to my network and can very easily stream movies right to my TV.

For me anyway it does everything I want and I couldn’t be happier with it.

[QUOTE=justcallmebob;2473900]Who owns what and which one should I buy? :confused:[/QUOTE]

I’ve got an XBox 360 that will do most of that too . . . I went ahead and ordered an LG BD390 . . . streaming Netflix to my TV was the main selling point.

[QUOTE=justcallmebob;2473925]I’ve got an XBox 360 that will do most of that too . . . I went ahead and ordered an LG BD390 . . . streaming Netflix to my TV was the main selling point.[/QUOTE]

You can stream Netflix through a PS3 too.

True, but I already have 3 consoles . . . don’t really think I need another one.

If you’re thinking about buying a PS3 that cost around $300 than you should compare to a blu-ray player about that much. I think you can get more than just a plain jane player for around or less than $300 now. But for me, my first gen PS3 60GB is doing fine and in additon I can play games. :slight_smile:

Then why add PS3 in your title of choices??

[QUOTE=justcallmebob;2473949]True, but I already have 3 consoles . . . don’t really think I need another one.[/QUOTE]