PS3 no audio after firmware update

this is not good,before the update on my ps3 i was able to play jumper after i did TsRemux and left the DTS-HD master audio stream,only through optical,it left me with a 21gig file to burn,now for some reason after the update i get no DTS AT ALL,same with xmen,the whole movie is 23gig and it has DTS,but if i use TsRemux and leave in the DTS,i get a 17gig file,this is just a test,i own these movies,after burning it before the update,i just pop in the disc plays movie only with the DTS audio,now nothing did not change the settings at all,they are still the same,so now if i Remux a 40+ gig movie down to were i can burn it to a 25gig disc,and it has DTS-HD audio,im screwed,anyone else have problem since the update,cheers,P.S. i hope this thread is in the right area,:a

You have discussed the same qustion in another thread with proper answer give to you.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f142/playing-re-dl-ps3-254319/

that thread was i am having problems play a BLURAY 50GIG disc,this thread is about audio that i cant play now after this update,when i had version 2.40,DTS-HD played well,now with 2.50 will not work,after remuxing a 40+gig movie to around 21gig keeping that DTS-HD audio movie only,cheers

seems with this new firmware alot of people are having video and sound issues with saved vids on there hdd of the ps3,

[quote=canadianbacon ;2142214]this is not good,before the update on my ps3 i was able to play jumper after i did TsRemux and left the DTS-HD master audio stream,only through optical,it left me with a 21gig file to burn,now for some reason after the update i get no DTS AT ALL,same with xmen,the whole movie is 23gig and it has DTS[/quote]I have PS3 60GB and just updated to firmware 2.50 from 2.42. I tested XMen with 6.1 channel DTS-HD MA burned on BD-RE and it works fine with firmware 2.50.

your lucky,there other issues im having,freezing on some of my games,xmen is around 21gig the whole movie,once burnt to a 25gig BE RE,no problem with the audio,if i use TsRemux and get just the movie around 15gig and keep the DTS-HD,burn it to a disc,the audio will not play,it did before the update,im not the only one with issues on this,i hope the fix will come soon cause this sucks,cheers

I think it’s the Amp you’re using. I read somewhere that if you take the Amp out of the loop, the audio should be fine. Sony is working on a fix.

everything worked before the updated,did not change anything,waitng for the fix,cheers

[quote=canadianbacon ;2146617]everything worked before the updated,did not change anything,waitng for the fix,cheers[/quote]If you are using a sony amp/home theatre system it wont work, you will need to plug the ps3 into the tv bypassing the amp.

i have HDMI plugged to my LCD, picture is there no sound,but in order for me to get any kind of sound i need the amp for the optical,i dont have HDMI plugs in my amp,its 4years old and works great,but this all worked with no bypassing and no changes at all to my setting before the update,when i had 2.41 firmware everything worked,2.50 everything no work,sony knows about this i have read other forums,and yes it is a sony amp,this is a firmware issue,cheers