PS3 getting cheaper to make

vbimport

I just posted the article PS3 getting cheaper to make.

A nice article over at Fudzilla.
Sony is still losing money on the Playstation 3, but less now than when it first came out. The Build of Materials cost has more than halved over the past two…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14797-PS3-getting-cheaper-to-make.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14797-PS3-getting-cheaper-to-make.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

yeah duke, nothing like unbias reporting eh?..not! i mean, why put in your articule, “sony has managed to sucker/convince 12.81 million people in to buying one”? i think you’re just looking to antagonise people into arguments!! :r

@ steveo119 It’s called humour. If you don’t like my brand of humour then just follow the link to the original article. I never said I would do unbiased commentary. Look at my CDFreaks contract and you’ll see. Oh, wait. I don’t have one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Think about it, if they didn’t under sell those units, do you think people would of bought those units, in the number that they did, for $840!! I think it would of been a vastly different outcome with HD DVD if the PS3 were sold at what it was suppose to be. The consumers didn’t make a choice, it was Sony pretty much “buying” their way into the market.

Ancient news: http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/jan2008/gb2008018_681920.htm By now the cost is well under $400. The PS3 has outsold the 360 in all regions for the first half of 2008. Once the PS3 hits $299 the Assbox 360 is pretty much dead (probably E3 2009, possibly this xmas). The Wii-Did-I-Buy-This is going to take a huge drop in sales too because of its 2003 hardware and lame novelty controller. The PS3 is easily the best console this gen, but will probably end up being the best console ever. :X

@shaolin007 That’s called an “investment”. Dur! Not, really a sharp crowd on this site, eh?

no…thats not humour, it’s called sony bashing!! lol! aw didums, did they put their DRM on your pc?? thats just life pal, you don’t hear everyone on this forum moaning because a lowlife stuck spyware/viruses on their PC’s!! sony screwed up their protection system!! get over it!! i have!! :+

@ steveo119 To the educated readers on this site, who are my target audience, it [B][I]is[/I][/B] funny to poke fun at Sony. At any rate, I’d rather be a contestant on The Running Man than own a PS3. But hey, that’s just me. That’s [B][I]my[/I][/B] opinion. Feel free to state your opinion. That’s what free speech is all about. :slight_smile:
This message was edited at: 26-06-2008 19:45

sorry, i thought i just had!! :+ if we could get you on the running man, you certainly wouldnt be no arnie!! lol but if it ever got going, rest assured me and a couple of others here would gladly put your name up on your behalf!! :X

DukeNukem wrote “To the educated readers on this site” Well Duke is it time for your medication? What i would like to know is, were you instructed by CDFREAKS to find an unbiased article about SONY,or did you Copy and Paste? :B

Posted by micro$soft (guest) on Thursday 26 June 2008 20:26 “What i would like to know is, were you instructed by CDFREAKS to find an unbiased article about SONY,or did you Copy and Paste?” Ye$, if there i$ one thing that microSsoft can’t $tand…it’$ bia$… $o he ju$t couldn’t re$i$t a little $ara$m ju$t now. :B

Crabbyappleton wrote “Ye$, if there i$ one thing that microSsoft can’t $tand…it’$ bia$… $o he ju$t couldn’t re$i$t a little $ara$m ju$t now” Whatup Crab…you’re the man.

Crabbyappleton wrote “Ye$, if there i$ one thing that microSsoft can’t $tand…it’$ bia$… $o he ju$t couldn’t re$i$t a little $ara$m ju$t now” What’s up Crab…you’re the man.

the dukesters gone quiet!! my work here is done!! lol!! :+
This message was edited at: 26-06-2008 22:18

@wtf Did I strike a nerve? Truth hurts… @oldnews Funny, I can find a PS3 in stores but when it comes to a Nintendo Wii in my area, can’t seem to find one those with its “novelty” controllers. Why do you think that is so?

lol Six month old news. Did you guys hear? Blu-ray won! :B :B :B

@shaolin007 The Wii is everybody’s token game system. “Look at me! I playing a Wii, aren’t I kooky!!!” It’s a fad. The horrible games are proof.

In general, I don’t really like Sony either… However, I gotta admit that the PS3 is very impressive, as a machine, in terms of price/performance. If you do your homework, you can use it as a gaming rig, a general-purpose PC, and a Blu-Ray/DVD player for about half the price of a rivaling desktop computer. This, of course, assumes you have a TV (which is fair, since a PC needs a monitor/TV). Personally, I’ve always stuck with PC gaming, and have not had enough of a reason to get a PS3. But if you don’t have any of the 3 things above (or are looking to upgrade), the price is definitely a good deal… and you still get to punish Sony when you buy the console but avoid shelling out for their “content” :D.

Heh, this is kinda funny – if massive of people buy the PS3 to use as a PC, both $ony and M$ would get nix-ed :S .
This message was edited at: 27-06-2008 07:57

@ steveo119 “the dukesters gone quiet!!” Yeah, you wish. LOL. @ cdgeeks “Did you guys hear? Blu-ray won!” I was at a friend’s place last night. He just set up his new 52" LCD and asked me if he should get Blu-ray. I told him that the damn thing isn’t even finalized yet and to wait for Toshiba’s new super-sampling DVD player to come out. He said okay. True story. Die, Blu-ray. Die !!! :r @ oldnews “It’s a fad.” A fad. Like the Internet is just a fad? Like television is just a fad? Your room full of monkeys sure are typing up some crazy material for you these days. @ AlexSGV “I don’t really like Sony either” Go Alex. Go Alex. It’s your birthday. Go Alex.