Ps2 xcopy HELP

While backing up my ps2 games with ps2 xcopy 2000, Everything seems to go smooth. Program finishes and says sucsessful copy. My ps2 unit won’t read the disc. Tells me to put in a ps2 disc. I’m using a hp300e dvd writer with verbatim dvd plus r,and tdk dvd plus rw discs. Is their something I’m missing?

Thanks
Kizzo

A mod chip. :cool:

Excuse me for sounding stupid …but, what is a mod chip? where do I get one? And, Where does it go?..

Thanks,
Kizzo

Originally posted by kizzo
[B]Excuse me for sounding stupid …but, what is a mod chip? where do I get one? And, Where does it go?..

Thanks,
Kizzo [/B]

it is a chip that bypasses the protection that checks for the original disc. I can’t help you with finding a mod-chip because - i thought - they were more or less illegal. Just ask around and see if someone has such a chip.

BTW if you place a modchip in your PS2 it voids your warranty, so be careful

greetz

I hope i’m not breaking any rules, but consolesource may be able to help you.

As far as I know, mod chips are not illegal by Dutch law, by which this website and forum are covered.

But as said, be careful when installing it, it will void your warranty and there are many frauds out there who are out for the easy buck.

I must admit you guys have been of great help. I have just one more question. Does anyone know if those ps x change discs work. They are supposed to do the same thing as the mod chip without making any internal modifications to my unit. I would love to here some feedback on them.

Thanks to all,
kizzo

:bow:

That trick is a bit controversial as far as I know…it is said to work, but I have not seen any proof and the chance of damaging your laser is even higher than installing a modchip.