PS2 stop work

vbimport

My spoiled little cousins came back from New York and are at my house for a week, and yet again, they somehow ruined my [PS2](My spoiled little cousins came back from New York and are at my house for a week, and yet again, they somehow ruined my PS2 just like the last time they were here. Anyway, my PS2’s disc tray is stuck, it doesn’t go in, it goes in half way, and pops back out. I ripped the warranty sticker off because I’m out of warranty anyway, and removed the top, but I was too nervous to do anything without full knowledge of what I’m doing. Any help?) just like the last time they were here. Anyway, my PS2’s disc tray is stuck, it doesn’t go in, it goes in half way, and pops back out. I ripped the warranty sticker off because I’m out of warranty anyway, and removed the top, but I was too nervous to do anything without full knowledge of what I’m doing. Any help?

Hi, If you remove the top of the Disk Drive you should be able to manualy move the tray out. Then take a look on the bottom of the tray, you should see a “track” which a small arm runs in. I have seen damage to this track which is used to drive the lens assy to it’s operating position. i have repaired the track using araldite and a small file to smooth off any rough edge.:slight_smile: