PS2 SCPH 39003 Help Please

I apogise up front if I have posted this in the wrong forum. Can you please relocate of it needs too be. Thank you.

Need some help please with this model PS2 SCPH 39003 revision 7. I purchased the new Messiah 7 chip, but the diagrams that came with it, were not very clear and they don’t show in detail where you attach the SCEX wire, there is 2 possibilities. My mate has soldered all the other wires but is not sure about the SCEX wire. If anyone on here has modded a new PS2 with the Messiah R7 chip, I would be very grateful if your could send me a nice sharp clear full diagram and clearly point to where the wires should go, this will help my mate out in a big way. At the moment we think maybe some other wires are soldered in the wrong place. The diagram is poor like I have already mentioned.

Sincere thanks upfront too any member that can help me out.

Greetz too The Forum

39003!!!
Well im shocked to hear a new version is released
And nothing i know of at the moment will probably support this current system, so thus why the modchip ain’t working.

The only modchip is Messiah range that will cover Version 7’s is the newest Messiah 2 which information of it can be found at its newer site

Messiah 2’s Offical Information Page

Ive got a 39002 model and its just supported. So since this is a newer model PS2 your friend has, get in contact with the Messiah crew and they shall sort something out for you.

If there is a version they have unsupported and you have that console then i heard you can sent them your PS2 and they will send you back a brand new one with a modchip in it but take a look at the site and see what you need is there.

All the Best :cool:

Originally posted by -=][Y]{=-
[B]39003!!!
Well im shocked to hear a new version is released
And nothing i know of at the moment will probably support this current system, so thus why the modchip ain’t working.

The only modchip is Messiah range that will cover Version 7’s is the newest Messiah 2 which information of it can be found at its newer site

Messiah 2’s Offical Information Page

Ive got a 39002 model and its just supported. So since this is a newer model PS2 your friend has, get in contact with the Messiah crew and they shall sort something out for you.

If there is a version they have unsupported and you have that console then i heard you can sent them your PS2 and they will send you back a brand new one with a modchip in it but take a look at the site and see what you need is there.

All the Best :cool: [/B]

Thanks very much for the your help with that link :slight_smile:

The messiah chip I got has only just come out and is specifically for the 39003. Its just the diagrams are not very good The 39004 has no support as yet

np it was a pleasure

just from curiosity, when you get the PS2 to bootup can you post up what the driver versions are for DVD/CD player and the others

taa (just interested to see if anyhting was changed :slight_smile: )

Originally posted by -=][Y]{=-
[B]np it was a pleasure

just from curiosity, when you get the PS2 to bootup can you post up what the driver versions are for DVD/CD player and the others

taa (just interested to see if anyhting was changed :slight_smile: ) [/B]

Untill my mate solders that 22nd wire being the SCEX using a crystal clear diagram that points too the right resistor as the diagram is soo poor its confusing on where that 1 wire goes, we can see the locality but as I said it is a real poor quality diagram.

All the other 21 locations were crystal clear and have been soldered underneath and on top of the pcb in the correct locations, but this last wire shows it bridging 2 resistors and then going too a blank point in between another 2 resistors so we are unsure wether too bridge the first 2 resistors, but 1st my mate will have to carry out a dc voltage check with a mulitmeter too see if there is an active current there. He is a very clever lad with his hands he is a natural. The best mechanic I have ever known, he made a superb bracket on my heat sink for a bigger fan etc, can mod any ps1 the lot. This is the 1st PS2 he has come across and it has been stripped down too its bare bones with 21 wires attached so far. The tip of his soldering iron was copper so he shaved it down too a very tiny point so he can just solder on too the legs of chips with ease.

If anyone has a crystal clear diagram with the scex wire location for use with the new messiah v7 chip designed for the 3900x series up to the 39003 PS2, “which has only just been released” and supports everything without me needing to go into detail we are sorted. you have my e-mail address if not here is a redirector too send me the good diagram "foxed@bigfoot.com"

Greetz up front:bigsmile: