Ps2 questions

vbimport

hi all,

sorry if these questions have already been asked or if theyre against the rules, but i need help!

1. is there any way to play ps2 backups without installing modchip? i know the answer but ive heard of swap discs-do they work?

2. if not, where can i get a modchip in uk. ive heard a lot about some ‘messiah’ chip which is supposed to be the best one, but no websites seem to sell it in uk anymore. is this because of that b*stard judge who ruled ps2 chips illegal? if there is anywhere else i can get it plz tell me.

thanks

[QUOTE=RiK-iNDiA]hi all,

sorry if these questions have already been asked or if theyre against the rules, but i need help!

1. is there any way to play ps2 backups without installing modchip? i know the answer but ive heard of swap discs-do they work?

I use the swp magic disk and they work fine for me sometimes it take a minute to load but it work pretty good for me. try mod chip .com

Imlooking to try a modchip that does not need a boot disk but not for sure yet

rfjr23

thanks 4 replying,

most modchips ive seen advertised claim u dont need a swap disc. the disc im talkin about is where u need absolutely no modification to the console at all, just insert disc, swap and play.
the website u gave www.modchip.com looks very dodgy to me. it says click here for secure connection on the order form, when u click that it comes out with page not found error. have u ever ordered anything from there?

thanks

There are two ways to go:

Swap/Magic disc, in which you have to put the boot disc in first, then swap in a copy can not always work and you will need a way to open the tray up without it resetting.

Modchip requires no boot disc and has many more features, but you will need to void your warranty and attach it some how. either solderless or fixed.

Personally i have a soldered modchip that works great and has done for over a year now.