PS2 PS1 backup question

Hi,

I have tried backing up my PS2 games with ImgBurn. The funny thing is when I burn the ripped ISO onto a blank DVD-RW, and ripping it back, the CRC of the resulting ISO is different from the first one that i use to burn. Since i am quite new to this, i hope someone could enlighten me on why is there a difference. I hope there is nothing lost during the process. I am trying to get a 1:1 backup of my games. If the problem is with the burning process, i don’t mind burning my ISO onto a disc, instead of doing a image burn.

Also, i also wanted to backup my PS1 games. But i am looking for non-proprietary image format that supports AudioCD and subchannel. i.e. 2352+96. I am thinking of cue/bin/sub. But I dunno if the .sub file is a proprietary format. Furthermore, i dunno if there is any programs that rips disc directly into cue/bin/sub. I hope you guys can help mi with this.

Thanks for reading! Help greatly appreciated! Anxiously waiting for your replay! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=peterhuh;1952293]Hi,

[B]I have tried backing up my PS2 games with ImgBurn.[/B] The funny thing is when I burn the ripped ISO onto a blank DVD-RW, and ripping it back, the CRC of the resulting ISO is different from the first one that i use to burn. Since i am quite new to this, i hope someone could enlighten me on why is there a difference. I hope there is nothing lost during the process. I am trying to get a 1:1 backup of my games. If the problem is with the burning process, i don’t mind burning my ISO onto a disc, instead of doing a image burn.

Also, i also wanted to backup my PS1 games. But i am looking for non-proprietary image format that supports AudioCD and subchannel. i.e. 2352+96. I am thinking of cue/bin/sub. But I dunno if the .sub file is a proprietary format. Furthermore, i dunno if there is any programs that rips disc directly into cue/bin/sub. I hope you guys can help mi with this.

Thanks for reading! Help greatly appreciated! Anxiously waiting for your replay! :)[/QUOTE]

You ripped them to images with imgburn?? :confused:

Imgburn has a read option, ps2 games just make a straight backup and don’t use dvd-rw discs. PS1 games can be backed up but some are protected and would need a patch applied to the backup.

[QUOTE=Jedi Master Yoda;1952662]Imgburn has a read option, ps2 games just make a straight backup and don’t use dvd-rw discs. PS1 games can be backed up [B]but some are protected[/B] and would need a patch applied to the backup.[/QUOTE]

That is why I asked. :wink:

no, ImgBurn is only my PS2 discs. i am just asking why the CRC for the ISOs are different.