Ps2 playing games problems

when i burn a iso file on a dvd+r disk it could not be played on my ps2! what should i do? Do i have to use a dvd-r disk or the problem is somewhere else! please help me!

Do you have a mod chip or a SWAP disc?

Due to copy protections you will need something extra to make it work… You can learn more by reading some previous threads on this subject (http://club.cdfreaks.com/search.php)

yeah i do have a mod chip but when i burn the dvd+r disk it couldn’t be played! Maybe i should burn it on a dvd-r disk or what?

Likely a media issue, try a different brand/type of media.

ok thanks! maybe the problem is that i have to do it on a dvd-r disk, cause one guy in this forum said that he would always use a dvd-r disk for ps2 back-ups.

Give some -Rs a try, I use -R discs all the time for my ps2 backups and they work fine. I recall some older ps2’s not reading +R discs but the newer ones should if the booktype is set to dvd-rom.

ok i will try the -R disk. how can i set the booktype to dvd-rom,cause i got a mod chip before 2 weeks and before that i only played original games, so i didn’t set any settings.

You cannot set booktype to dvd-rom with a -R disk.

That only works for +R variety. And methods vary on doing this…it depends on your burner make and model.

ok i tried with a -R disk and with +R disk and it still could not be played! maybe as Jedi Master Yoda said my ps2 is too old, but i don’t think so, cuz it is ps2 slim… oh, do i have to burn the ISO file of the game or the archive of the ISO file?

Open the iso with your burning app, then burn.

[QUOTE=skatera;2197194]ok i tried with a -R disk and with +R disk and it still could not be played! maybe as Jedi Master Yoda said my ps2 is too old, but i don’t think so, cuz it is ps2 slim… oh, do i have to burn the ISO file of the game or the archive of the ISO file?[/QUOTE]

Create another backup of the game.