PS2 DVDs

vbimport

hi all

Assuming that my PS2 can play copied DVDs, is it possible to burn an original title to a single-layer DVD? Or will I need a DL disc?

Thanx in advance

It is possible to copy an original title to a single layer dvd.

all you need is dvd shrink and dvd decrypter which both are free.

If you want to make a DL backup then you need a DL burner.

Or if you have the money you could try AnyDVD with CloneDVD2. Costs about £30 to buy both and you get a 30 day tiral wiv em.

\\VH////
:slight_smile:

True but IMHO the price doesn’t make it worth it. The speed is definitely a plus but beyond that, there isn’t much of a difference. I have checked my burns with the various trial versions of Clone DVD/AnyDVD and have keep comparing them with DVD Decrypter/DVD Shrink and I can’t tell the difference. The other thing is that last night I decrypted “The Forgotten” which has the nasty Arccos protection. Even with a late version of AnyDVD and Clone DVD, both refused to read the disc. I even ran it through DVD Decrypter first and clone DVD wouldn’t read it for some odd reason. DVD Shrink however, read the Decrypted project without a hitch. The other thing is that I get tired of the glitch with the sound on Clone DVD projects. So far the only thing that I really like Clone DVD for is for backing up TV episode DVDs.