PS2 Copy Protection And Alcohol Question

I was just wanting for someone in the know to explain exactly what this means and if Alcohol can in some way circumvent this.

Q. DO I HAVE TO BUY THE Breaker Pro PS2 DISCS? CAN’T I COPY THEM?
A. Yes. You MUST buy the Breaker Pro discs as they are PRESSED at the factory in China. You can NOT copy them correctly because they contain intentional bad sectors which today’s consumer CD burners are programmed to automatically correct… so a BURNED copy of the Breaker Pro Discs will NOT work on your PS2!

I think this is the same problem that I have had with other PS2 disks like this and backing it up. Such as the Xploder Cheat Cartridge. It could not at all be ripped with Alcohol or CloneCD. As errors caused Alcohol to stop at a specific point everytime.

So how would you possibly overcome this type of protection. (PS2 mode in Alcohol doesnt work).

Thanks
Anthony

To put it quite simply, you can’t.

The purpose of those disks is to boot the playstation so you can then run your backups. Those backups require either a boot cd or a modchip to work due to the bad sectors copy protection. If you were to backup the boot disc, you’d need a boot disc to boot the backup boot disc.