PS2 Burn Games

Hi there,
I am looking for the best way to burn play station 2 games.
Do I need a chip?? Is it possible to just use a program to burn the game or plug something into it PS2 like a usb with software on it… Id rather not have to mess with it (chip it) unless I can get a pro 2 do it… I think I would just end up breaking it :rolleyes: But if theres no other option…
What about a program like alcohol or nero to burn the games??
Thanks for your help,
Nathan

[QUOTE=NaTH98;1936538]Hi there,
I am looking for the best way to burn play station 2 games.
Do I need a chip?? Is it possible to just use a program to burn the game or plug something into it PS2 like a usb with software on it… Id rather not have to mess with it (chip it) unless I can get a pro 2 do it… I think I would just end up breaking it :rolleyes: But if theres no other option…
[B]What about a program like alcohol or nero to burn the games??[/B]
Thanks for your help,
Nathan[/QUOTE]

FIRST you have to back them up successfully! :doh:

I guess I would!
So could Alcohol 120% do this? I think I remember seeing and option for burning play station games…Or maybe another program? Is there any alternative to chipping the play station?? Ive heard of a cd that somehow makes backups work without a chip…
Thanks,
Nathan

Also how do I tell what version it is as in if its V14 or V15 or higher… It is a slimline model 79002

If you don’t want to put a mod chip in your console you can go and buy Swap Magic. This is a set of two disks (CD and DVD). For the slimline you simply go and block off a few sensors with little plastic tabs they give you.

When you want to play a game just put in the swap magic and let it load then swap it with the game backup and hit x. Really simple and you dont have to open your console.

I think something like this would work? Just like to check :slight_smile:
I am in Australia so I have linked an Aus site I can get it from and it needs to be in PAL format which this is.

Swapmagic 3.8 Plus Coder PAL
Magic Switch Pro V3

Thanks for all your help guys,
Nathan

To back up games you can just rip them as an ISO (like DVD Decrpter) and burn them.

No you don’t just rip them to an ISO, it don’t work!!! Tried it. You can read the file to hard drive but something seems to be missing, because when you write it, no luck. Tried DVD decrypter and changed the settings, does not work!!!

One needs a modchip or other boot method such as swapmagic to play backups. But to actually back the games up, imgburn, a newer software by the author of dvddecryper, is all you need software-wise. www.imgburn.com

[QUOTE=Halo5901;1981939]No you don’t just rip them to an ISO, it don’t work!!! Tried it. You can read the file to hard drive but something seems to be missing, because when you write it, no luck. Tried DVD decrypter and changed the settings, does not work!!![/QUOTE]

The old DVD decryptor works fine as said before you need a bootdisc or a modchip for your console…
check my sig on how its done