PS2 bootcd ripoff

www.bootdiscworld.co.uk

There selling so called PS2 Bootcd’s … CRAP.!
They send you a peice of paper basically showing you how to use the swap method (the one where you have to pull your PS2 to bits) The boot disk they send is’nt even needed as you need the origional as well.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED…!

I suppose some-one had to be first :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Please pass this snippet of information on.

I am sorry you have been screwed like this, but in a way you are not without blame yourself.

Doing a little research before you go out and buy a thing like this could have saved you the money and the agrevation.

There are many scams out there, to mention a few:

[ul]
[li]I am rich and I need your bank account to sllush funds through, you’ll get a percentage if you pay some administration fees first;
[/li][li]A distant relative has died and you are entitled to a inheritance, but you need to pay some legal fees first;
[/li][li]Copy DVD onto CD. This is often a manual on what programs you need to accomplish this, you need to buy all this software, it is not included.
[/li][/ul]
Before you actually buy something you can check with family, friends, co-workers and of course this forum on what people think or what their experiences are…

Again, I am sorry it happened to you, hope you won’t let it happen again, because that would be really stupid :wink:

If they really tell you that you will get a CDROM , and you are not getting one but just a piece of paper , you can sue the bastards.

A quick whois learns us this :

Registrant:
ISION Internet plc

Registrant’s Address:
5th Floor
Northern and Shell Tower
London
London
E14 9GL
GB

Registrant’s Agent:
ISION Internet Plc [Tag = ISION]
URL: http://www.ision.net.uk

Relevant Dates:
Registered on: 05-Jun-2002

Name servers listed in order:
ns1.netdirect-online.co.uk 195.7.234.11
ns2.netdirect-online.co.uk 195.7.234.10

WHOIS database last updated at 19:05:01 15-Nov-2002

© Nominet UK

ISION’s terms and conditions are here

Someone on this forum also posted it as a scam , telling the cd-r contains just a .rar file. Same scan is reported here

Ain’t that the same as buying one of those $99 DVD Copy programs from 321 studios when all you had to do is do a little research and download tons of more powerful and better programs for free at a number of divx oriented sites? You got hose man.

It’s not the only “product” which is more expensive than necessary :stuck_out_tongue:

Mr. Belvedere thanks for the info, I’ll chase it up.
The office of fair trading might be interested in this one.
Plus a few snotty e-mails.

Regards

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Heretic

There selling so called PS2 Bootcd’s … CRAP.!
They send you a peice of paper basically showing you how to use the swap method (the one where you have to pull your PS2 to bits) The boot disk they send is’nt even needed as you need the origional as well.

It sounds like its just doing the action replay swap method without a modchip.

Any attempt to boot without a modchip will see to the destruction of the front of the console. Definately not worth it :frowning:

I too have a PS2 SCPH 39003 one of the newest revisions, since seeing my mates not working after installation of a mod chip called Messiah 7 23 wires from the the USA, I myself have no intention of having it chipped. Now if they were too bring out a module too plug into the expansion bay which lets you play all only then would I make a purchase as you are not invalidating your PS2

The newest PCB is now 39004

Greets too the Best Forum:D

charlie ps2 @ www.fileforums.com is VERY knowledgeable about which chips work with which versions, and his install rates for chips are very reasonable. consider dropping him a line if you have any thoughts on the matter - as he isnt full of sh*t

Originally posted by ckin2001
charlie ps2 @ www.fileforums.com is VERY knowledgeable about which chips work with which versions, and his install rates for chips are very reasonable. consider dropping him a line if you have any thoughts on the matter - as he isnt full of sh*t

Hey carm down, I have made no reference whatsover too Charlie being full of S***:frowning: That was your remark, nothing to do with me! :confused:

Greetz to The Forum, The Diplomat:D

Like I have been told in the past, there is no need to imply about issues, such as calling Charlie (S***)and I take this as a personal matter aimed purely at me, and that is unfair:( You made a clear accusation against me:( Those were YOUR words not MINE, and you know it full well, so please drop this falsified accusation against me. What a load of rubbish as I would never flame anybody too that extent. You know you are wrong, and I would like an apology if its not asking too much.

Originally posted by intercept
[B]

Hey carm down, I have made no reference whatsover too Charlie being full of S***:frowning: That was your remark, nothing to do with me! :confused:

Greetz to The Forum, The Diplomat:D

Like I have been told in the past, there is no need to imply about issues, such as calling Charlie (S***)and I take this as a personal matter aimed purely at me, and that is unfair:( You made a clear accusation against me:( Those were YOUR words not MINE, and you know it full well, so please drop this falsified accusation against me. What a load of rubbish as I would never flame anybody too that extent. You know you are wrong, and I would like an apology if its not asking too much. [/B]

You will get no appology, it is clear to see that you made no reference to charlieWhoever, so what made you think his reply was aimed at you? CKin2001 was meerly pointing out that Charlie is knowledgable and NOT dodgy like the boot disk guy Heretic posted about. Enough of your nonesence intercept.