Ps2 backup booting

vbimport

Hi I am kind of new to backing up ps2 games and I do understand that you need a mod chip or some kind of boot disc like swap magic or something but i dont have any of that stuff. As you read on through this post keep that in mind. For my first question… can you only get swap magic or mod chips off the internet,… is it illegel otherwise? second I understand backup games dont selfboot because there is a sony boot sector on the games that cd dvd drives cant read or write. Does anyone know any info on the sony boot sector can i have any info on that. Since im a noob i have also though about burning a one second movie to a game disc since dvd movies boot by them selfs, i mean like if you burnt a one second movie to a dvd-r and it goes right to the game since the movie played. Is that possible. or do you think there is a way to actually create your own boot sector to burn to the game so it boots on the ps2 from it. I do feel strong about this post because people say that action replay max was not made or had anything to do with sony, but somehow selfboots itself on the ps2 console. or swap magic that boots itself, and i heard that didnt have anything to do with sony either, so how does it self boot?
:confused: does anyone know any underground information on this (sony boot sector for ps2 games):confused: because i know that it cant be read or written. and thats what im focusing heavly on.

[QUOTE=DJ B;2033257]Hi I am kind of new to backing up ps2 games and I do understand that you need a mod chip or some kind of boot disc like swap magic or something but i dont have any of that stuff. As you read on through this post keep that in mind. For my first question… can you only get swap magic or mod chips off the internet,… is it illegel otherwise? second I understand backup games dont selfboot because there is a sony boot sector on the games that cd dvd drives cant read or write. Does anyone know any info on the sony boot sector can i have any info on that. Since im a noob[B] i have also though about burning a one second movie to a game disc since dvd movies boot by them selfs, i mean like if you burnt a one second movie to a dvd-r and it goes right to the game since the movie played.[/B] Is that possible. or do you think there is a way to actually create your own boot sector to burn to the game so it boots on the ps2 from it. I do feel strong about this post because people say that action replay max was not made or had anything to do with sony, but somehow selfboots itself on the ps2 console. or swap magic that boots itself, and i heard that didnt have anything to do with sony either, so how does it self boot?
:confused: does anyone know any underground information on this (sony boot sector for ps2 games):confused: because i know that it cant be read or written. and thats what im focusing heavly on.[/QUOTE]

Noooooope. Check the console section. :iagree: