Ps/2 mouse connector dead!?

ooh I’m going mad! when I resolved high system and cpu temperature ( i mounted two more zalman’s fans 80x25 ZM-F1). well problem is: whean I turn on comp. windows warning msg shows me that I don’t have mouse (optical) attached to my system, but IT IS! led is blinking, but no action… it’s possible that I somehow fried ps/2 connector? I have ABIT KX7 mobo. Currently I’m using my old serial mouse :frowning: pls HEEEEEEELP ME

I’ve got an Abit KT7 RAID board and one day the P/S2 mouse port just stopped working. After spraying it with air and then cleaner and general futzing around, I gave up and got a usb mouse.

Originally posted by ninko
ooh I’m going mad! when I resolved high system and cpu temperature ( i mounted two more zalman’s fans 80x25 ZM-F1). well problem is: whean I turn on comp. windows warning msg shows me that I don’t have mouse (optical) attached to my system, but IT IS! led is blinking, but no action… it’s possible that I somehow fried ps/2 connector? I have ABIT KX7 mobo. Currently I’m using my old serial mouse :frowning: pls HEEEEEEELP ME

uhh…really? s*it… And I thought that ABIT quallity is not questionable…

Well, I do own 3 other Abit boards and would certainly buy another. I don’t think any company is unquestionable these days. Some are better than others. I’ve had Asus and MSI boards that have messed up too yet these are all major players and I would buy them again. Of course, I’d be a lot happier if the boards died during the warranty period.

uhh…really? s*it… And I thought that ABIT quallity is not questionable…

i’m some lucky “bastard” hehehehhe… mouse was dead and not ps2 at the mobo! it was even more unlikely that logitech optical died :frowning: year and a half… my old serial mouse is older than that and still working! that much 'bout optical “technlogy”:Z

Perhaps your optical mouse just needs glasses. I hate when that happens.

i’m some lucky “bastard” hehehehhe… mouse was dead and not ps2 at the mobo! it was even more unlikely that logitech optical died :frowning: year and a half… my old serial mouse is older than that and still working! that much 'bout optical “technlogy”:Z

yeah, I hate that too… i bought new mouse, hope that will last longer hehehhe :wink: