Protection in copied DVD?

I copied a DVD using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, latest versions. The original DVD didnt have any protections at all. After the copy(split to 2 discs) AnyDVD reports
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)! and Found & removed 1 bad sector protections!

Is this normal?

What for a movie you’ve tried to backup?

No. You should send the .IFO files of the copies to SlySoft with a full explanation of this problem.

so you’re saying on the burned dvd that you just copied anydvd says it has "Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)! and Found & removed 1 bad sector protections!’…and nothing on the original?

another WNP

I seem to remember only the now defunct POC dvdxcopy retained the copy protection on back-ups

yep…that’s because they use to say in the fbi warning"you can’t make a copy of this movie" now they say “you can’t bypass the copy protection on this movie” or something like that.(it’s been so long since i read that because of anydvd)…lol

This appers to be a bug in AnyDVD.
Please send IFOs of the original disc and both copies. You can find instructions how to do this here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1333652&postcount=60

I cannot fix it without these files. Thank you.

It happens everytime when I split dvds. The protection shows up only on the second dvd. I have the ifo files to slysoft. Hopefully they can fix it.

now we know how sony et al developed this protection :doh:

Thank you! Next version will indeed fix this.

Thanks Slysoft,the new release fixed the problem.