just noticed the website http://pid.gamecopyworld.com/ now hosts a new version
here´s the changelog:
The last public version (v5.0 Final c) was released 14.12.2004.
Right after releasing it, the devlopment of v6.0 has began and still continues.
Now we release v5.1 to keep you up to date.
New protections were added, important ones got updated and improved, bugs got fixed...
- added: JoWood X-Prot detection
- added: Laserlok Marathon detection
- added: Ring-Protech detection
- added: SecuROM v7.xx.xx detection
- added: SmartE Copy Protection detection
- added: Starforce v3.x version is now displayed with build number
- added: Tages v5 detection
- added: VOB Protect CD/DVD v5.9x with build number detection instead of showing "VOB Protect CD/DVD [modified version] detected"
- added: ACProtect version detection for v1.09, v1.10, v1.20, v1.21, v1.22, v1.23, v1.3c, v1.32, v1.35 / v1.40, v1.41 and v2.0
- added: Armadillo version detection for v1.00 - v1.84, v2.00 - v2.40, v2.60 - v3.00, v3.05 - v3.20
v3.30 - v3.61, v3.70 - v3.75, v3.76 - v3.77, v3.78, v4.00 - v4.05, v4.10 - v4.20, v4.30 and v4.40
- added: ASProtect version detection for v1.0, v1.1, v1.11, v1.2, 1.22 - v1.23 Beta, 1.23 RC4 - 1.3.08.24, 1.23 RC4 (Registered),
v1.31, v1.32, v1.33, v2.0 Alpha and v2.1 - v2.11
- added: EXE Cryptor v2.0 - v2.1.xx, v2.2.0 - v2.2.4 and v2.3.0 - v2.3.7 detection
- added: FSG v1.0, v1.2, v1.3 - v1.31, v1.3.3, v1.33a and v2.0 detection
- added: PE Compact v2.xx generic detection
- added: PE Compact version detection for v1.00 - v1.3x, v1.40 - v1.50, v1.55, v1.56 - v1.65, v1.66 - v1.84,
v2.0 Beta Build v52, v2.00 - v2.10 and v2.20 - v2.64
- added: some more CD/DVD-Check detections
- improved: Laserlok detection
- improved: Safedisc [generic v1, v2, v3, v4] verification code making it possible to detect a faked Safedisc protection were the SD string
'BoG_ *90.0&!! Yy>' was simply added to the PE header, also added another piece of code checking for 'real' Safedisc
- improved: Safedisc v3.20 - v4.xx [unknown version] is more accurate due new checks
(i.e. NBA Live 2006, version is removed, PID detects 'Safedisc v4.00.001 - v4.00.003)
- improved: Safecast detection in safecast´ed executables
- improved: SecuROM detection, added one more check to speed up scanning in non SecuROM´ed files
- improved: StarForce detection
- improved: UPX detection
- improved: VOB Protect CD/DVD detection completely rewritten
some notes about... SecuROM v7...
well you´ve probably seen SecuROM 7 "versions" displayed like 7.00.00.xxxx.
i don´t think it´s the "real" version, check out the following version and their release dates:
SecuROM 7.00.00.0005 (Crashday) - 25.01.2006
SecuROM 7.00.00.0008 (Conflict Global Storm) - 17.08.2005 (!)
SecuROM 7.00.00.0008 (CSI-3 Dimensions of Murder - 22.02.2006 (!)
SecuROM 7.00.00.0032 (Project Snowblind) - 09.04.2005 (one of the first securom 7 titles)
SecuROM 7.00.00.0107 (F.E.A.R.) - 05.09.2005
SecuROM 7.00.00.0129 (Star Wars Empire at War) - 20.01.2006
just my thoughts on securom... the string is decrypted, yes, but it doesn´t mean it´s part of the version.
if i´m wrong i´m going to correct it in the next release... but is there any proof ?