Protecting text in PowerPoint from being edited

vbimport

I want to give someone a PowerPoint presentation that I have created. I want them to be able to edit the text in the slides. I also want to place my name in the footer, but I don’t want anyone to able to delete or edit my name in the footer. How can I protect the text in the footer from being edited. MS Word allows this action by using the “Protect Document” command.

[QUOTE=rickavon;2571144]I want to give someone a PowerPoint presentation that I have created. I want them to be able to edit the text in the slides. I also want to place my name in the footer, but I don’t want anyone to able to delete or edit my name in the footer. How can I protect the text in the footer from being edited. MS Word allows this action by using the “Protect Document” command.[/QUOTE]

What your asking is called watermark or something like that. That would be the only way to info those using your powerpoint that your the creator of that presentation.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2571192]What your asking is called watermark or something like that. That would be the only way to info those using your powerpoint that your the creator of that presentation.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your response. I will look into this option, but the watermark would have to be protected against deletion via a password (as in MS Word).

[QUOTE=rickavon;2571209]Thanks for your response. I will look into this option, but the watermark would have to be protected against deletion via a password (as in MS Word).[/QUOTE]

If I recall correctly watermark can’t be deleted, modified or changed once it is edited into place by the original creator. Only the original file that wasn’t watermark will not have watermark and or only the creator has the option to remove or change the watermark.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2571273]If I recall correctly watermark can’t be deleted, modified or changed once it is edited into place by the original creator. Only the original file that wasn’t watermark will not have watermark and or only the creator has the option to remove or change the watermark.[/QUOTE]

Once again, I appreciate your feedback. I believe you are correct, i.e. the watermark cannot be deleted, except by the author. I’ll have to try using a watermark, however it cannot/should not show up in the slide because it will interfere with the information in the slides. I need to place the watermark in each slide in an area separate from the slide’s placeholder. I’ll see if I can locate the mark in a footer. Thanks again …