Protecting a DVD

vbimport

Hi all.

I know this might sound odd, but I actually want to protect a DVD of my own personal stuff (video), does anyone know how to go about this?

I know it might not stop protected for long, but it might catch my mate out who wishes to borrow this DVD.

I can see his face now :confused:

thanks

dr p

Let’s just pretend you put a protection on the DVD so your mate can’t watch it, what makes you think you can?

Get a safe and lock it up.

No mate, I was not trying to stop him from watching it, I was trying to stop him from copying it in the short time he borrows it, I know he would be a bit p’d off but hey, thats the way it is :slight_smile:

dr p

Don’t know if the many discussed protections, such as Freelock (use search to find more) are also working on DVDs, perhaps it is worth a try?

Yep, thanks for that Da_Taxman i will look into this freelock, there must be something its only a bigger cd after all.

dr pepper

Yep, thanks for that Da_Taxman i will look into this freelock, there must be something its only a bigger cd after all.
totally wrong. It’s a bigger CD without the possibility of RAW-writing, without the possibility to write broken TOCs or unreadable sectors

Originally posted by alexnoe
totally wrong. It’s a bigger CD without the possibility of RAW-writing, without the possibility to write broken TOCs or unreadable sectors

LOL, so does that mean Freelock wont work? am I asking for the holy grail, sorry I was just generalizing in the above post.

dr pepper