Protected DVD's by Securom & Safedisc - how?

More and more games will be released on DVD’s and the most are protected by Securom 5.x and Safedisc 3.1x/3.2x. (Farcry, Thief 3…)

My questions:
Which DVD-burners can handle this Securom 5.x and/or Safedisc 3.1x/3.2x ?
And which programs (Alcohol or Blindwrite) can do this with emulation or better without emulation ?

Or it is actually impossible to burn DVD-protected games with Securom or Safedisc ?

SafeDisc = Not Yet (I’m pretty sure)

SecuROM = YES with New version of BlindWrite (5.2) and with Autoplay emulation should make a nice backup.:slight_smile:

SecuROM = YES with New version of BlindWrite (5.2) and with Autoplay emulation should make a nice backup.

With which burner/reader ???

Any DVD burner supported by BW should work.

My dvd-burner Toshiba SD-R5112 does not copy securom 5.x on dvd’s with bw5.x. I can not copy thief 3 on dvd. autoplay tested.

Which version of BW are you using Profi? is it the newest one?

Yes, BW 5.2.x. The newest on the bw-website.

I can not copy Securom 5.x with above dvd-burner and autoplay.

Which dvd-burner does bw-team support with securom 4.x/5.x on dvd’s ???

it is not the dvd-burner that is important but the topology you create whilst reading. Have you tried to create the image with a dvd-rom?

No, the image with above dvd-burner. topology-bwafile from copybase.ch.

ok, just try by using atomatic profile and make your own bwa. Ehat drives do you have?

Mind you, Toshiba DVDs are pretty good, and this particular one, is a 2-sheep EFM reader, too. There shouldn’t be any problems with the drive…

Yes, Toshibas are very good Fast-dumpers and my bwa’a (topologies) always were superb, but only with CD (at least my Tosh1712).
Ok, i don’t own the Tosh5112, maybe it’s better with DVD’s. You say, you’ve dowloaded a BWA; You know how to insert BWA’S in BW5 ?

http://thechaosmaker.com/tweaker_and_topology/Tweaker_and_Topology.htm

@Profi

Try this version I tried it with this version for SecuROM 5.xxx DVDs. Good luck :).

@pafan

There are just ‘sheep’ writers no readers :).

I stand corrected. EFM is related to writing only. But Toshibas are excellent readers, too. Thank you once again, Kalas.

@Profi

Try this version I tried it with this version for SecuROM 5.xxx DVDs. Good luck

I have this version used. No success with german dvd-version of thief 3.
By automatic-settings the topology will be not read. With bwtweaker and setting “Always extract topology” - No success, the topolgy will be not read out.
I used then the BWA-File (olliver) from copybase.ch and insert this in bwtweaker (write with autoplay) - no success.