Protected content question

vbimport

I know there are many threads on the protected content issue but I have not been able to find an exact answer to my question. Most of the posts relate to macrovision, but I am only interested in trasnferring home videos from VHS to DVD and I have read in several posts that the firmware upgrades that remove macrovision protection do not help fix the “protected content” problem if it is simply a poor quality VHS that you are recording from. If that is the case then is there any fix? I have read that someone used the DVR on his digital camcorder to route the VCR signal through but I don’t have a digital camcorder. Please tell me there’s a firmware upgrade that works. And sorry if this is covered in a post somehere but I looked and could not find one.

[QUOTE=danjohnson;2001406]I have read in several posts that the firmware upgrades that remove macrovision protection do not help fix the “protected content” problem if it is simply a poor quality VHS that you are recording from.[/QUOTE]That’s funny, I’ve read the opposite. Why don’t you try it?

DVD recorders are notorious for recognizing a bad VHS tape as being encrypted with MV. A poor quality tape can inadvertently trigger the MV.

The Ilo/Liteon smart hacker tool was initially created to relax the MV on the ILO/Liteon and its other clone recorders of the day (2004 series) to allow users to properly copy their homemade VHS recordings.

Please take note that the tool does not work on every model, Liteon caught on and moved on to ensure the newer models were not hackeable.