Protected CD -> COPY -> Unprotected CD

Hey, is it possible to copy protected cd’s so that the copy isn’t?

I mean, if I have a game (Old Safedisk) and I want to burn it so that the copy doesn’t have a copy protection, what settings should I use?

At www.elby.org it said that CloneCD made 1:1 copies and that means that the copy protection is copied as well. But I really don’t want my copy to be protected.

I’d be thankful if someone helped me.
161643312360503@surfeu.ch
:confused: :confused: :confused:

when the cd isn’t protected any more the exe will detect this ->
the game will not run…

InSOMniA

visit
http://cdcloning.insomnia-online.net

The way to do this is to download a crack for the game and use a tool to replace the changed game files. You could use a tool such as WinCDR to replace files in an image or remaster and create a CDROM CD using Nero.

Instead of using cracks - you could use unsafedisc to remove protection from the game exe/dll. You can get this tool from the downloads section of: www.daemon-tools.com.

As you can see it is too much of a hassle anyway - I recommend just make a 1:1 copy.

Hey, Truman!
If you modify the image, I THINK CloneCD will say that the image don’t match and something else???

Also can you tell me the website of that?

It’s better to just make an 1:1 copy because official patches won’t work with cracked cds.

Actually, I just want to burn the music from the game onto a cd. It’s in .asf format but unfortunately these files are “bad sectors” (Safedisk). So I can’t open them with Media Player.

SafeDisc don’t contain in files… or do they…
What I’m thinking is that SafeDisc only stores their bad sectors on the disc where there is no data… :confused:

Originally posted by Alexej
Actually, I just want to burn the music from the game onto a cd. It’s in .asf format but unfortunately these files are “bad sectors” (Safedisk). So I can’t open them with Media Player.
Hmmmm…could be an illegal TOC, where the pointers to the music actually point to the error sectors. I wonder if Feurio! or EAC could do this…?

Nah, Clony XXL said it was “Old Safedisk” and no Illegal TOC. I don’t know where Safedisk stores the bad files but when I try to open the music with Media Player, it says something like “Damaged data found”.:confused::Z

Originally posted by Alexej
…but when I try to open the music with Media Player, it says something like “Damaged data found”
Mmmmm…probably real damaged sectors! Dupe the disc in Clone using the audio profile - the repair function is enabled {in this & other profiles}. Then try to rip off the backup.

Illegal TOCs, dummy & large (oversize) files are found on many game titles - with modern hardware these obstacles are hardly noticed but they will defeat a casual read from older equipment :wink: