Protected Audio killer

vbimport

Does anyone have a drive that is a Protected Audio killer? A drive that can slash through any protection currently used on audio CD's. I want to invest in a new drive, CD-ROM or DVD-ROM that can back up protected audio CD's 1:1 or allow me to rip them to MP3 using feurio and/or EAC. I don't want to have to do the analog to digital and all of those tricks that confuse me and degrade audio quality, and I already have a Lite-On 24102b that can back up any game I need it too. So linsk to reviews, and Model #'s would be GREATLY appreciated.

I believe Plextor models work wonders with audio protections. I have seen similar questions come by several times, perhaps you can find useful tips by using our search…

Seems to me that I read a piece about older CD-Rom drives and their inability to read multi-session discs; therefore, they would be perfect for extracting audio tracks because they couldn’t see the protection (data portion). These drives would surely be gems if this was true and if they worked. EBay?

Originally posted by GoodOleJoe
Seems to me that I read a piece about older CD-Rom drives and their inability to read multi-session discs; therefore, they would be perfect for extracting audio tracks because they couldn’t see the protection

It’s a trial and error thing,even with older drives,because I’ve tried 4 of them (age :between 2–>4 years old)which only worked partially…some did Key2Audio,others did CactusDataShield 200,none of them did both protections…Maybe the drives need to be older than 4 years …?:confused:

Thusfar,only my Ultraplex 40X TSi SCSI cuts them all…:bigsmile:

The inability of reading multisession won’t allow to read all protected CDs. Mastered c2 errors (safeaudio), wrong synch markers, or false TOCs will still work.

I agree entirely that the UltraPlex40 SCSI-CDROM is an excellent audio-protection-ignorer.
However, there are two hardware-revisions of the UP40. The older revision has firmware V1.0x and can also read DOC.loc-protected CDs. The newer revision having firmware 1.1x can’t read DOC.loc.

Try to get an old UltraPlex40.

Does anybody know a Safeaudio-protected CD (maybe via US-import)? I’m also searching for MediaCloq-CDs.