Protected Audio CD CloneCD Settings

Does anybody have any settings or profiles for burning protected Audio CDs???

I need to backup my CDS200 protected cd, but don’t know what setings to use

Well as far as i know that mostly depends on your cd-rw/dvd-rom drive if it will work or not in tha first place… so if it works in tha first place u can probably just use tha regular “audio cd” profile

as far as i know reading is tha problem, not writing :slight_smile:

good luck :slight_smile:

Yes, NBR is right. When making an audio copy, writing is not the problem. Make sure your source CD-ROM can read the disc all right. I am using a Lite-on as my source. It works fine. If your source cd-rom has problems reading the disc, you could try using your burner as the reading rom and make an image file first, and then burn it into CD. Clone original settings for audio are pretty good.

Save this as Prot Audio.ccp in a txt editor

[CloneCD ReadPrefs]
ReadSubData=0
ReadSubAudio=0
RegenerateData=0
AbortOnReadError=0
FastErrorSkip=0
IntelligentBadSectorScan=0
SectorSkip=0
ReadSpeedData=0
ReadSpeedAudio=0
NoErrorReport=0
FirstSessionOnly=1
AudioQuality=0
[CloneCD WritePrefs]
DontRepairSubchannelData=0
AlwaysCloseLastSession=1
AmplifyWeak=0
WriteSpeed=0

in C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneCD\Profiles

play with this one instead of the default profile :wink:

i use a tdk 401248x to read the cd. what do u mean by reading the cd alright?? I can tell you that when i put my cd in, i can go to my cd drive, and can only see data in it and its own media player thing, which sounds absolutely horrible. I have tried the default AUDIO profile, but when i mount the reult image into daemon tools, the first track doesn’t play, and i can hear random ticks in the music! I also tried using the profile FUTUREPROOF gave me, and it TAKES A LONG TIME. it took me 5 mins to get past 1-4 failed read sectors. I know from before that there are 10000+ bad sectors so, it’s gonna take VERY LONG and i decided to stop.

How do i know exactly how many unreadable sectors there are? I ask this because i can adjust it in the profile how many sectors i can skip at once.

Like stated in the audio-forum I advise you to try a different drive to backup your CDS200 protected audio cd.