Protect optical discs of light? what light?

vbimport

What are the harmful effects of light on the optical media CD / DVD?

Not too hot, not too humid, no direct sunlight, avoid using sleeves that can physically affect the disc surface.

the difference between direct sunlight and indirect sunlight? my home during the day receives brightness and clarity of sunlight but is not a light focused sun> DVD, this sunlight that comes into my house will damage the optical disc CD / DVD in the long term?

As long as that light contains UV rays, it will affect the lifetime of your media.
Edit: Any light will affect the quality of the cover which protects the media in the first place…

[QUOTE=retrogamer15;2769942]the difference between direct sunlight and indirect sunlight? my home during the day receives brightness and clarity of sunlight but is not a light focused sun> DVD, this sunlight that comes into my house will damage the optical disc CD / DVD in the long term?[/QUOTE]

Direct sunlight destroys everything, including your discs. Indirect less so, but that’s why they need to be stored in opaque cases.

Writeable CDs and DVDs will be ruined much more quickly by light, owing to their dye layer.

the CD slim case protects the discs (CD/DVD) from light and UV rays?

[QUOTE=retrogamer15;2769946]the CD slim case protects the discs (CD/DVD) from light and UV rays?
[/QUOTE]
The opaque black side = yes.
The clear front side = no.

:wink:

Not unless there is some paper in that clear plastic cover. Alone it will break the UV rays, but not remove them, but a white paper insert may…

[QUOTE=Ibex;2769947]The opaque black side = yes.
The clear front side = no.

;)[/QUOTE]
:iagree:

the only paper on the surface of the case https://static.wmobjects.com.br/imgres/arquivos/ids/4826972-344-344/.jpg

that paper protect UV and light or no?

That thin paper blocks some light, but not all light.

A case that is not clear & does not let any light through is what you want. Or you can put all your discs into cases, then put all the cases into a box. That works, too.

Basically, just keep the discs in a dark place.

Which CD case protects from light and moisture?

What is the difference between direct sunlight and indirect sunlight? indirect sunlight is UV damage to the DVD disc?

You guys have the patience of saints.

Going by all of the posts this person has made on various forums - most of which they’re now banned from (including my own) - they have way too much time on their hands and a disturbingly major case of being anally-retentive when it comes to storing discs and discs in general.

It’s very hard to believe they’re a human being and not some sort of robot or just someone messing around.

They question (in multiple ways) every response you give them and then end up asking the same questions over and over again - most of which I can’t help but find utterly ridiculous.

Again, patience of saints and I’m sorry for ranting but it might save you wasting your time. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2769967]You guys have the patience of saints.

Going by all of the posts this person has made on various forums - most of which they’re now banned from (including my own) - they have way too much time on their hands and a disturbingly major case of being anally-retentive when it comes to storing discs and discs in general.

It’s very hard to believe they’re a human being and not some sort of robot or just someone messing around.

They question (in multiple ways) every response you give them and then end up asking the same questions over and over again - most of which I can’t help but find utterly ridiculous.

Again, patience of saints and I’m sorry for ranting but it might save you wasting your time. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. :flower: We’ll be mindful.

I do not know what that idiot LIGHTNING UK! He said I’m not that guy

[QUOTE=retrogamer15;2769979]I do not know what that idiot LIGHTNING UK! He said I’m not that guy[/QUOTE]
Keep it friendly, this isn’t Twitter.

If you aren’t the ‘gamemaniaco’ that’s banned on at least videohelp and my forum, you have a twin.

no i not gamemaniaco

I would suggest you search the internet for more about different types of light, including ultraviolet light. THEN you will know what kind of light to avoid.

As for avoiding light & moisture protection: that is up to you. This again is a thing you can research, and I believe you already know of ways to reduce moisture. Blocking out light isn’t hard, either.

it is very difficult I keep the house with doors and windows closed to not get sun light with uv