Pros and cons of DL vs SL with Fab?

vbimport

so far ive been saving dvds to my hard drive,

if i can get them to 4300 at around 95-100 % i use that. but if they are to big i just use customize and keep the menus

what problems will i have when burning to DL discs, surely there will be some!

also with fab, once you have a isc on your hard drive, can you reuse fab to take the menus out as you would with an original disc?

al4x

I have been using DVDFab Plat for over a year now and have had no major problems burning to DL disc, I will compress down to 70 % to put on SL disc.
Anything more than that goes to a DL disc. Most people will confirm that using only Verbatim DL disc will save you a lot of headaches.If you do have any problems there are plenty of people here that will be more than happy to help out.

To rework an ISO file I believe you need another program, ISO buster is something I remember reading about, and i believe it was a free program,not positive on that.

Happy burning

bean55

It’s difficult to conjecture as to “future” problems, but I agree with bean, you’ll definitely improve your chances by usung only verbatim +R DL and I would add, be certain these are MIS (made in singapore) and not MII (made in India). You’ll have to look on the spindle label for this info.

While IsoBuster is a great app, you don’t need it to manipulate or burn an .ISO image already on your hdd .

A picture is worth a 1000 words. Simply click on the Source .ISO icon (far right) and navigate to the appropriate file like so:

all my hard drive files are contained in a videots folder, is that just like an unpacked iso?

and yes ill be using verb SL DL exclusively

I don’t know if this will help but I reworked an .ISO image by burning it to the disc then copying the whole disc to the hard drive and it copied as a Video TS folder and the Sound folder,no longer an .ISO.

[QUOTE=maineman;2067022]It’s difficult to conjecture as to “future” problems, but I agree with bean, you’ll definitely improve your chances by usung only verbatim +R DL and I would add, be certain these are MIS (made in singapore) and not MII (made in India). You’ll have to look on the spindle label for this info.

While IsoBuster is a great app, you don’t need it to manipulate or burn an .ISO image already on your hdd .

A picture is worth a 1000 words. Simply click on the Source .ISO icon (far right) and navigate to the appropriate file like so:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input maineman
I was not aware that DVDFab could do that. I have not had any reason yet to play around with iso files.

Thanks Again for pointing that out.

bean55

[QUOTE=Zathros;2067090]I don’t know if this will help but I reworked an .ISO image by burning it to the disc then copying the whole disc to the hard drive and it copied as a Video TS folder and the Sound folder,no longer an .ISO.[/QUOTE]
If I need to work with an .ISO I mount it in Virtual CloneDrive.Then it shows the files.You can then copy them to a folder on your HD.Then they will be actual files .Just a little easier that burning to a DVD .
Also will work with a larger .iso than you could burn to a SL.

none of my files are in the .iso format, theyre just in a folder

@cholla, mounting is a great ideal. Didn’t think of that!

As always there is more than 1 way to get a job done, just have to ask.

bean55

[QUOTE=bean55;2067137]Thanks for the input maineman
I was not aware that DVDFab could do that. I have not had any reason yet to play around with iso files.

Thanks Again for pointing that out.

bean55[/QUOTE]
Hey bean, happy to try to help…and thank you for all your helpful advice…

[QUOTE=al4x;2067170]none of my files are in the .iso format, theyre just in a folder[/QUOTE]

once ripped you can re-author. whether an iso or vob ( video_ts folder )

just click the appropriate button as source. :slight_smile:
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/RunningProgram