Promomedia A grade princo yellow top dvd-r

Are these any good ? (Im thinking of getting some from www.digitalpromo.co.uk )

about ALL princo made discs is below average quality…

But if you have a Pioneer DVD-Writer you may get ok results with princo discs.

Princo hasn’t been know for good media since the day they entered the market. But… Princo discs are quite popular, as they are pretty cheap and work good in some DVD burners (and horrible or not in others!). The problem is, that these discs can easily go bad after some time (faster than high quality media) and make them useless.

Depending on your DVDR drive, you can use the media, but I wouldn’t recommend them for storing any valuable materials.

If you do a search on Princo in the media forum, I’m sure you’ll find lots of information on this brand and their discs.

I don’t have any personal experience with this discs btw…

When you say they might not last a very long time, how long roughly are we talking about?

depends on how you handle them. If they get sunlight and such they may fail before a year have gone…

Notice that I’ve not done any testing myself and that this is just thinking and guessing…

Also, are A grade princos a lot better than normal ones? Its just I already tried Datawrite red tops (princo) and the data towards the centre was unreadable :frowning:

datawrite redtops is among the highest quality princos out there, regular princos is normally worse!!!

Originally posted by slysy
When you say they might not last a very long time, how long roughly are we talking about?

I know that Princo CDRs can’t handle sunlight for more than a couple of hours without going bad…

With sunlight, I mean that the writable part of the disc is exposed to bright sunlight for quite some time!

If they get sunlight and such they may fail before a year have gone…
6 Days, according to someone on Brennmeister who tried it

I use Princo DVD media on a LG GMA4020b and the result is flawless up to now (1x media @ 2x), perfect line on CD Speed and they have been lasting for a while now…

Stored on a closed drawer, away from the sunlight, and ± cool…
Also straight line in CD/DVD Speed…

They were Iota branded, white-top princos, though, so I can’t speak for US/EU brands.