Prolems?

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

everytime i get this heading saying layers are parallel instead of opposite i can’t copy dvd no matter what i do. maybe someone with a little more knowledge can help- thanks

What exactly is your problem? Backing up Double layer media or ripping?

backing up dl - even tried ripping to hard drive, and that goes well until layer break then i get an error message- shrink or clonedvd(even dvd fab) won’t rip- only time i have this problem is when layers are paralllel

@ KISSTHAT,

Once again state EXATLY what the problem is that you are experiencing. Is your problem related to ripping a Commercial DVD Movie Title and/or writing to blank DL DVD Media? If your problem is related to ripping a Commercial DVD Movie Title provide the exact full name of the Commercial DVD Movie Title. If your problem is related to writing to blank DL DVD Media provide the MID (Manufacture Name and Media Code) (Example: TYG02) of the blank DL Media you are using.

To avoid any confusion state the software name and version number of the software that you are using.

Also provide the error code and exact full error narrative you receive when you experience your problem.

Until you take the time and effort to explain in detail exactly what your problem is Forum Members will not be able to provide any meaningful assistance to you.

Best Regards,
bjkg

would have to agree more info needed.

but you can try updating your firmware and try using clonecd from slysoft.com.

My guess is that you are trying to backup a dvd rom game which uses the parallel layer format data one layer video other layer you cannot use dvdclone or shrink to do this I suspect clonecd may create an iso image of this but I am not sure

You mean the PTP thing. Could be, but like other members mentioned definetely more information is needed.

@ rapid yes you cannot create a dual layer PTP type disc as you are unable to create a seamless join . when the laser reads from inside to outside on layer 0 it has to travel back to the inside of the disc to read layer 1 unlike OTP which reads inside to out on layer 0 then outside to in layer 1 . PTP is used for data hence dvd rom where OPT is generally used for dvd video

Yes, i know that. My comment was more regarding to the original poster and the problem he maybe has, cause you mentioned ‘game’. For example many ps2 users had problems to backup DL games.

@ radid yeah your right I probably got a little ahead of myself there lol

i have a couple of movies that use “parallel” instead of “opposite” layers and they copied just fine with clonecd.

i tried cd clone and it wouldn’t work- what i am doing is copying all the highlander tv series dvd’s - once i got to the end of season 3 and the start of season 4 they all are parallel layers instead of opposite layers . i can’t seem to find any way to copy them - thanks

KISSTHAT,

Please read my posting #4 in this thread.

What is so difficult in providing the requested information?

Provide the software name and version number of the software that you are using.

Provide the error code and exact full error narrative you receive when you experience your problem.

Until you take the time and effort to explain in detail exactly what your problem is Forum Members will not be able to provide any meaningful assistance to you.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 5.9.5.8)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Total size: 3790794 sectors (7403 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HIGHLANDER_SEASON4_DISC2
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

this is what i’ve been having trouble trying to copy - shrink WILL NOT WORK NOR DVD CLONE - OR CD CLONE- i had to get the disk again to post info

Highlander, eh? Wouldn’t have any idea what that is…nope. :smiley: (It’s what the HL stands for in my name). Anyway, when copying it with CloneCD, did you copy the image to your hard drive first? If so, try mounting it with Virtual Clone Drive and seeing if it plays. I’m just curious. I’d go back this one up, but, I really don’t have a DL disc I can spare at the moment. BUT, if playing it in virtual clone drive fails, I can try mine and see if I can reproduce the results.

try this
use clonedvd option 2 "CLONE entire disk and menus
hit enter
browse to movie
select quality DVD +/-R DL
hit next
remove junk
next, next rip to disk

Just backed it up to my hard drive using CloneCD with no problems. NO idea what your issue could be. Sorry.

just finished season 4 disk 2- no problem, but disk 3 is another story - would not copy full disk - i did manage to pull all 3 episodes off disk though. i only have this problem with diosks where layers are parallel- THANKS

Yet disc 2 was parallel, as well. I don’t have time to check disc 3 at the moment, but, it seems odd that you’re having these issues.

KISSTHAT,

Once again until you provide the requested information Forum Members will be unable to provide any meaningful assistance to you.

Provide the [B]Software Name [/B] and [B]Version Number [/B] of the Software Programs that you are using.

Provide the [B]Error Code [/B] and exact full [B]Error Narrative [/B] you receive when you experience your problem.

Exactly what does the above quoted statement mean ? Explain in detail exactly what is happening in Shrink, DVD Clone and/or CD Clone.

Unfortunately stating “Will Not Work” provides exactly no information as to what problem you are experiencing.

Best Regards,
bjkg