Progressive Scan DVD player

vbimport

About 20% of the movies I backup with DVD2One have lockup problems while playing on my new Mitsubishi 8030 progressive scan DVD player, while they will play fine on my 3 year old Pioneer DV-302D. I am looking for any feedback whether this has been an issue with anyone else. Is there a progressive scan player on the market that you are using that has been more reliable? I use DVD-R and DVD+RW for my bacups depending on the size of the movie files.

Moral of the story.
A Pioneer will allways play discs that other players wont even look at.

I disagree with you falco533 I own the Pioneer 353 and it is very picky and does not play about 50% of my back-ups but my Panasonic DVD-S35 (Progressive Scan) has played every single disc I put into it.

Originally posted by jhmac
I disagree with you falco533 I own the Pioneer 353 and it is very picky and does not play about 50% of my back-ups but my Panasonic DVD-S35 (Progressive Scan) has played every single disc I put into it.

I have great results with my Panny CP-72 as well…
AVSForum is a good site for progressive-dvd reviews and hardware details.

My Sony Progressive Scan player (don’t know what model, but it’s the cheapest progressive scan that Sony makes) plays all of my backups perfectly.

JHMAC I have the Pioneer 344 & 355. The 344 will play EVERyTHING I have thrown at it UNLESS its burned with NERO.