Programs that are setting the layer break correct

vbimport

Hello,
I searched the forum and there are 2 ways to burn a dual layer dvd without having problem with the layer break when playing it in a standalone dvd player:

1. Rip with DVD Decrypter and burn with it or Imageburn

2. When having no 1:1 image or a reauthored Video_ts Folder (f. g. the movie without menu)
    then you have to use Sonic Recordnow Deluxe 7.2+, that will set the layer break in the ifo file corresponding to the layer break that will be burned.
    Is that correct?

Are there any other burn programs that can handle the layer break when burning a “video_ts files” movie ?

I have NO idea about your second method at all. I hate Sonic software, so, I won’t be trying that. Personally I just use CloneCD in combination with AnyDVD. That keeps the layer break information. Another way to do it would be to copy the VIDEO_TS folder to your hard drive with AnyDVD active and then use the Write Existing Data feature of CloneDVD.

IFOEdit, PGCEdit - google them (or go to videohelp.com) and find the software and multiple tutorials on how to manually set layer breaks.

It would seem I was incorrect about the write existing data feature of CloneDVD. Please reference this post for information on this subject:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1380220&postcount=8

Thanks!

Two other programs that will set a correct layer break are vso copytodvd and
padus discjuggler (used juggler on all my reauthored backups never had a prob yet )

Is it possible to burn a image file created with dvdshrink with imgburn ?
Is the correct layer break not set?

I thought dvd decrypter did this also?

@ m-Blaster when you rip a disc with shrink or clonedvd the origional layer break is removed . I you wish to clone a disc 1-1 use dvd decryptor or clonecd if you wish to reauthor a dual layer disc rip the disc in file mode and either use the pgc edit meathod to find a alternate layerbreak or use a software as I have mentioned above and only use quality discs verbs are highly recommended

@ m-Blaster

In my opinion these are the only programs to use when it comes to Dual layers for newbies.

Rip DvD Decrypter and AnyDvD and save as a iso. Burn with ImgBurn.
Rip and then burn DvDFab Decrypter.

There are other means as well, but it gets a little more complicated.

:cool: :cool:

@ platinumsword very true
Rip and then burn DvDFab Decrypter. (Ithink you mean clonecd here)

but these meathods are only good for straight copys not for what he asked here

When having no 1:1 image or a reauthored Video_ts Folder (f. g. the movie without menu)
then you have to use Sonic Recordnow Deluxe 7.2+, that will set the layer break in the ifo file corresponding to the layer break that will be burned

@rayw

Rip DvD Decrypter and AnyDvD and save as a iso. Burn with CloneCd
Rip and then burn DvDFab Decrypter.

Sorry I over read his question.

Using PgcEdit at this time might be to much for m-Blaster. Convert the files in the Video_ts Folder to and iso and burn with Imgburn.

Forgot this.

reload your files in the video_ts folder with a ripper and then save them as an iso.

Thx to all, i have successfully made a 1:1 copy with dvd decrypter (iso read /burn)
and also burned the files with copy2dvd that has set the physical LB corresponding to the LB in the ifo file.

Now I have merged with dvdshrink one 2,5 h rec. movie and a 1,2 h rec. movie and now i am trying to set the LB manually with PCGedit…

When loading my reauthored Video_ts folder and writing it to Iso, PCGEDiT says that it can not find a suitable cell for the LB.
What now?

and also burned the files with copy2dvd that has set the physical LB corresponding to the LB in the ifo file.
I you were using VSO to burn in file mode it does not use the .ifo file to set layer break info as there will be none there, the info is removed when the disc is ripped and a new .ifo is created during the burning phase . As to why pgcedit cannot insert a new layer break for you I am unsure
as I have never used it I only burn dual layers in file mode . you could try VSO and let it insert its layer break for you and I would also bitsett the disc

If you’re using 7.0, PgcEdit will tell you where to split the cell so it can find a suitable LB. Your merge disc is probably too full, you want to trim it down a bit so there’s more room.

the info is removed when the disc is ripped and a new .ifo is created during the burning phase

I ripped with dvd decrypter and I could see the saved LB with Ifoedit.
I think the copy2dvd log told me that it had used the LB at XXX.

Your merge disc is probably too full, you want to trim it down a bit so there’s more room.

It is 8050 MB big. Is it a problem?

Can the LB only be set to the beginning of a new chapter or anywhere?

I ripped with dvd decrypter and I could see the saved LB with Ifoedit

Because you ripped with dvddecryptor the ifo remains the same as on the origional the reason is you are using a ripper however when you burn these files in file mode the existing layerbreak info is ignored and the software will decide where to place the layerbreak as I said writing a new .ifo during the write phase the only time you can retain the origonal layer break is when you create an image of the disc as for the file size you have stated I do not see why you cannot burn . the layer break can be set anywhere

@rayw: now I checked and found out that the LB is on the same position on the orig DVD on the ripped files and on the burned dvd+r DL.

I am afraid that copy2dvd sets no / a wrong LB in my reauthored compilation, so that will not play properly as mentioned above.

I am assuming you are talking about the reauthor with two movies on the one disc ?
and used dvdshrink to reauthor and thus removing the origional layer break as I stated in a previous post . I have only used copy2dvd a couple of times and used shrink as my ripper and had two perfect burns (I only use discjuggler now) I would try running the files through shrink to allow it to set its own layerbreak I have always burned files removing the origonal layerbreak forcing the burning software to create a new break