Programs other than K's Probe?

vbimport

Is there other program like K’s probe so we I can test integrities of my burn for other dvd-rw/rom drive?

Originally posted by edro
Is there other program like K’s probe so we I can test integrities of my burn for other dvd-rw/rom drive?

You can use Plextools, but that only works with a Plextor Premium drive.

Nero CDSpeed will work with most drives, but you can’t get the level of detail and thoroughness that K-Probe gives you.

If i bought a LiteOn DVDROM drive, would K’ Probe work with it?..

Please read the FAQ, and PI/PO threads linked below.

… i have a 708a and i have yet to be able to find a program that wants to work on checking dvd burn quality in it. i have the newest firmware 1.06, cannot get nero speed disc to “see” a dvd in the drive, and cannot find what i need in plextools to produce k-probe-like “quality scans.”

i now wish i had bought a lite-on dvd burner back in jan. to match my cd-r burner. i don’t see what all the fuss was about this drive and may end up switching in a very few months. i got caught up in all the glowing reviewes online.

any advice how to proceed with getting a k-probe-like scan of dvd’s burnt on my 708a?

Haha I will probably by the Lite ON s812 now that i know it has more tools and capabilities… But what about burn quality… Well I will probably keep my Pioneer 107D. Just gotta buy a new computer case first the LIAN LI PC-73sl