Programs can't "see DVD Burner"

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DVD RECORDER DVD+R RW. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi all from a noobie. (Not a really clued in noob either). After some issues were solved by my Computer Tech…I find that my newly installed Nero 9, Image burn and DVD shrink (which uses Nero as a default burning program) tell me that there are “No devices found” when I search for the burner. Device manager tells me that my drivers are up to date and that the devices are operating as they should. I am really confused and don’t know where to gofrom here. I intend to call my tech next week, but a friend suggested this forum. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
Bill Moore:o:o:o

Look in my signature (bottom of this post) for the Delete Upper and Lower Filter Guide. Just click on it and it will take you to an article published by Microsoft.

Once you are at the MS article, just click on the FixIt button to start the process.

Thank you for you prompt reply. I carried out you instructions twice and when I clicked o the “Fix this problem for me” button I got a blank page with Done in the bottom bar. Maybe there is a problem with my PC settings?
Thanks again
Bill

That should have downloaded an executable file. Since I use Firefox, I don’t get an option to run it from the site, only one to download it. If you have downloaded the file, click on it to start the program. Using IE you should have an option to run it instead of downloading.