Program to Open/Close CD Tray?

Hello all, I was just wondering if there’s such program that ejects and closes the cd tray for you so that you don’t have to do it manualy? Just in case you were wondering, I am not that lazy that I don’t want to do it myself, it’s just that “I think” that if I keep opening and close the tray using the button on the front panel, it’s gonna somehow break down after a while since I use the drive a lot. So, please either tell me a software that does what I require or maybe someone can talk me out of this
nonsense !@#$%&.

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

In windows explorer, rightclick CD-ROM drive and select eject

Problem is there isn’t a close?

I would also like a program to close, any body know of such program?

sometimes a little push against the tray will close the tray as well…

Theres a prog called subseven that will open/close the cd tray and do lots of other cool things.

I can send it to u if u want,lol.

Later.

Originally posted by PaRaNoiD
Theres a prog called subseven that will open/close the cd tray and do lots of other cool things.

It will allow you (PaRaNoiD) to open and close his tray yes…and do all kinds of other things too

I would certainly advise to install this on your PC if you like others to take over your PC… :wink:

Smart@$$,it’s just a joke man,nothing ment by it.

There are programs for that.

Cd Catalog expert for instance has this feature… it’s just not many programmers built it inside their programs.

You can check the ATAPI MMC delta command set if you want to write your own.

ok there is only one such program i know of out there like what you are looking for and it is like 10 dollars, i would recommend finding someone who does programming they can write you up a simple script control to do it for you. or go to a linux system(yeah the tux) and get it all under GNU, i recommend lycoris or redhat for the newb

OK ill be nice go here and see what the world has done for you. the program does have a cost but it says it is a 30 day eval period http://www.zslab.com/ also go here http://www.softcab.com/download.asp

i have ability to unlock the second one but if you want it you will have to get that off forum

You may try, : CD EJECTOR PRO 1.04

It is FREEWARE.

It works pretty well overhere !

I see a lot of you still havent tried Cd Mate yet :frowning:
It will allow you to open and close tray without pressing the button!

Try Tray Commander 2.2. The Lite version is freeware and do the task of opening and closing cd tray with the right button menu and with hotkey association.

http://www.ardamax.com/info_tcl.html

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/cdtraypal.html

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/cupholder.php

Just make sure that if you have a case door, the door is open, or it soon will be!
Save the script, and then you can use it at your convenience.

try a prog called ‘stop being a lazy git and press it yourself’ at www.lazy.git :slight_smile: :iagree:

don’t use cupholder… cocked eyebrow
i wouldn’t go as far as to say that it’s malicious…but it is some c++ script that creates a process to continually open and close your cdrom drive

What microsoft needs to do is put an eject button standard on keyboards out for windows, like Macs have. I’m sure companies would put it in, easily. Take out the useless scroll lock & pause keys if need be. I honestly don’t even know what those things are for, anyways.

Install Clonecd 4.2.0.2, use it and let it run out of trial mode, just forget you ever installed it, an integrated Close option will be integrated into right click menu when clicking ont he Optical drive of your choice, even after the trial expires.

Simple, easy, FREE!!!

I hjave yet to find a way to make this work without insalkling the full software :frowning:

[QUOTE=SoniCruiser;237845]Hello all, I was just wondering if there’s such program that ejects and closes the cd tray for you so that you don’t have to do it manualy? Just in case you were wondering, I am not that lazy that I don’t want to do it myself, it’s just that “I think” that if I keep opening and close the tray using the button on the front panel, it’s gonna somehow break down after a while since I use the drive a lot. So, please either tell me a software that does what I require or maybe someone can talk me out of this
nonsense !@#$%&.

Thanks a lot! :)[/QUOTE]

I had written a very complicated software to copy the CD/DVD disks. Open/Close the CDs is one functions of it. Yes, it closes the CD with a click. If you want, I can compile and take out the copy command. Send me a gift or something for the program I’m gonna to write for you to just Open/Close the CD-player.

Vo Duc Dien

[QUOTE=Truman;238082]Problem is there isn’t a close?

I would also like a program to close, any body know of such program?[/QUOTE]

I had written a very complicated software to copy the CD/DVD disks. Open/Close the CDs is one functions of it. [B][I]Yes, it closes the CD with a click[/I][/B]. If you want, I can compile and take out the copy command. Send me a gift or something for the program I’m gonna to write for you to just Open/Close the CD-player.

Vo Duc Dien