Program to edit text scanned in to computer?

vbimport

Does anyone know of a program that will allow me to scan a text document into from my scanner & then edit the text??

That’s called ‘Optical Charachter Recognition’ or ‘OCR’ software. Lots of hits on Google.

Omnipage is one of them…ReadIris another I believe

Thanks Guys :iagree:

Also, Abby Finereader, and Solid Converter (for pdf)

Well when I scan it in my computer I can then save it as BMP JPEG etc. Then I want to be able to open it with a program like word perfect and then easily delete text & replace it with other text of my choice. Something that doesn’t have problems with fonts & text type. If you try to open a document like this with word perfect it goes crazy. same with word pad.

Wow that Abby Finereader is bad ass for this type of job. :eek: try before you buy but very expensive $399.99

The trial version got the job done though do you know where to obtain a copy cheaper??

Not legally.
Perhaps you may luck out and come across someone selling a used copy, but it is the kind of software that you will have to actively search for.

I’ve been using this for many years.
Even though I probably use it one or twice a year, it is worth having.

Simply copy and paste it into Word or other program desired, and then edit text.

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;1995683]Wow that Abby Finereader is bad ass for this type of job. :eek: try before you buy but very expensive $399.99[/quote]:eek: what version? According to their own shop, the Professional version is available for 139 EUR (89 GBP).

The trial version got the job done though do you know where to obtain a copy cheaper??
See, if you can get an older version from somewhere. Should be much cheaper.
For the most recent version, look at buy.abbyy.com

Michael