Program to convert MP3 to WAV?

Is there a program that converts MP3’s to WAV files? I have Sound Forge (Sonic Foundry) and there is a ‘Batch Conversion’ thing, but I dont know how to use it.

There is one called MP32WAV and it works okay, I prefer Mp3 To Wave Converter Plus as it has never yet failed me, and attaches nicely into a right click menu.

Also, it supports both:
MP3 -> Wav
Wav -> MP3

I always use LAME + Razorlame frontend. Or you could also just use the lame executable

lame --decode “songname.mp3” “songname.wav”

And ofcourse, the Winamp Diskwriter plugin (comes with Winamp) can do this!

A good alternative is Papayatech Tunespark

Originally posted by theone1_

Is there a program that converts MP3’s to WAV files?

I have Sound Forge (Sonic Foundry) and there is a ‘Batch Conversion’ thing, but I dont know how to use it.

1. To convert MP3s to WAVs simply use old good CDex or EAC

2. As for SoundForge, goto :

File > Open > Choose a MP3 and open it up >

[ here you can even process it using like EQ, Smooth/Enchance, Normalize etc ] >

File > Save As > in ‘Save as type’ choose Wave (Microsoft) (*.wav) > Press ‘Save’ …voila !

:smiley:

I use Alive MP3 Wave Converter http://www.alivemedia.net/ and it does a very nice job. No problems yet.

RoC

I use Feurio! or Poikosoft

I use dBpowerAMP Music Converter, it’s fast and free. Simply right click on the files in explorer to convert.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

@kgpsoftware

Can you post a screenshot. Sounds just like the software I suggested, only sounds like yours is free.

Thanks

It’s a pretty little toy compare to EAC or CDex

Well, it took dBpowerAMP 22 sec to convert a WAV,
meanwhile, there was twice as less, 10 sec, for CDex to accomplish the same task ( incl. normalizing ).

thx Boskin, I bet my Audiocatalyst can kick its butt

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]they claim being the fastest CD Audio ripper, lol.

meanwhile, there was twice as less, 10 sec, for CDex to accomplish the same task ( incl. normalizing) [/B]

ripping != converting, confused as to what your comparison means?

Originally posted by ckin2001

ripping != converting, confused as to what your comparison means?

1. First of all, see the thread’s title. I did name those programs, i.e. converting MP3 to WAV.

Originally posted by kgpsoftware

I use dBpowerAMP Music Converter, it’s fast and free.

meanwhile, there was twice as less, 10 sec, for CDex to accomplish the same task ( incl. normalizing ).

1. Well, it also depends on what you mean by ripping. Ripping to what ? WAVs or MP3s ?
    If to MP3s, then this includes converting, doesn’t it ?
    If strictly to WAVs ( or how dBpowerAMP put it > " takes the Audio from an Audio CD ",
    then what on earth is the prog called ‘FreeRip MP3s’ doing in the following comparative results ?

Furthermore, why not to play fairly and use more modern versions of EAC & CDex, rather than those obsolete presented in the graph.

As for strictly ripping ( if you like ) a disc ( 13 tracks - 72’ 07’’ )

dDpowerAMP

MP3 :

WAV :

CDex :

to MP3 & WAV - totally 10’ 25’’

to MP3 only - totally - 4’ 27’’:

[001][I]Ripping track to a Compressed Audio file (09:40:09 ) to file E:\B-Zet\01-Le Tonnere Dans Les Plumes Voir.wav[001][C]Ripping track to a Compressed Audio File has been finished properly, total duration: 00:00:47

[013][I]Ripping track to a Compressed Audio file (09:44:29) to file E:\B-Zet\13-Scotty’s Promise.wav
[013][C]Ripping track to a Compressed Audio File has been finished properly, total duration: 00:00:07

So, whatever action, whether it’s ripping ( w or w/o conversion ) or strictly conversion, CDex still does it faster.
That’s all I mean, ckin2001.
And you can willingly ask the authors of dBpowerAMP what they meant with their comparison
and also with calling it the fastest ripper/ converter ( as it’s written there ).

gotcha, just seemed you were comparing apples to oranges at the time :wink:

Well, not really. See, I’m not responsible for your way of thinking.

I clearly understand what confused you - the fact that I refered to their statement about “the fastest ripper”.
If you still reject seeing the parallels between the given ripping AND converting times,
then I’m afraid there’s nothing I can do but regret my involvement in the discussion.
Or being the slower converter doesn’t necessarily mean being the slower ripper ?
I guess dBpowerAMP would still use a different algorithm when it comes to ripping, lol.

AudioCayalyst

TechnoTrax18
11 tracks @75.05min

Ripping to Wav and Normalizing (98%) with each track on the fly in 5min 34sec

NO MP3 test done, I expect results similar to dDpowerAMP. I am impressed as this is the first GUI program I ever ran into to match Audiocatalyst in results.

The Pro I guess is that dDpowerAMP is free.
The Con I guess is that its before its time as AC came out many years ago.

I also have not tested protected Adio titles to see how well dDpowerAMP handls them.

I clearly understand what confused you - the fact that I refered to their statement about “the fastest ripper”.

the confusion was that you compared times for conversion of wav files directly after mentioning ripping times, which is me comparing the compression ratio’s for various programs by examining how long it takes them to do the said compression.

1. First of all, see the thread’s title. I did name those programs, i.e. converting MP3 to WAV.

of course, this is all a little off topic. feel free to start a new topic if you’d like to discuss the ripping times, conversion times, etc. could be extremely informative, if codec info, cpu spec, and so on is included.

No, I was comparing anAnas ( pineapples ) to banAnas, as we used to joke in Russia.
Banana-heads would always see what they want to see. :wink:

Hi guys, i am the admin over at dbpoweramp forums dbpoweramp forums

please feel free and comfortable to put in a post about any slow speeds you might be getting from converting or ripping.

also the developer of dbpoweramp “Spoon” is working closely with EAC as EAC will be implementing his accuraterip technology in the near future.

P.S

keep up the good work here as i often refer people with copy protection and or cd problems to this web site.