Program to choose the fastest mirror...?

vbimport

I was wondering, if there is a program that can choose the fastest server out of a list that I give it.

EG. I want to download a 500mb game demo. So logically, I don’t want to wait around for 140hours or more for a game that is transferring at 1.4kb/s. BUT the game site has a list of mirrors (yay!), so I can choose out of them. But I don’t know which is the fastest (darn!), so I manually check all of them and see what is the transfer speed for each.

I want a program that you can copy+paste the URLs into, and it finds out which is faster (pings?).

Is there such thing?

P.S I just finished my glass of water :sad:. Now I have to walk upstairs to get another one :(.

Flashget can use a lot of mirrors. Dunno if it always chooses the fastest though.

It’s adware.

Getright 5.1 works well for me. No ADWARE which is always a bonus.

Plus you can split files up into segments and use different mirrors at the same time.

Getright does what you want. Just set an intervall and it will find fastest servers even after you started your download.

Originally posted by Womble
[B]Getright 5.1 works well for me. No ADWARE which is always a bonus.

Plus you can split files up into segments and use different mirrors at the same time. [/B]

:iagree: :iagree: . getright is great no adware at all .

try getleft YES getleft

na getright is the way to go!!!

Or you can try some P2P software I always have better speeds with eMule for popular releases where all the mirrors are under heavy load, like popular demos and such or new cs releases when I played that.

Try “Dipstick” ,been using it since -99