Program that Produces the Highest Quality Backup

vbimport

I having been using DVD-RB with AnyDVD for the past year or so for my DVD backups and was just wondering if something better has come along.
I noticed that the most threads in the movie copy forum were for DVDFab, can I take it to mean that this program is the most popular?
What about for high quality DVD-9 to DVD-5 backups?
What program produces the highest quality DVD backup to DVD-5?

[quote=cougster00;2148720]I having been using DVD-RB with AnyDVD for the past year or so for my DVD backups and was just wondering if something better has come along.
I noticed that the most threads in the movie copy forum were for DVDFab, can I take it to mean that this program is the most popular?
What program produces the highest quality DVD backup to DVD-5?[/quote]
Welcome to cdfreaks cougster00! Well on this forum dvdfab is the most popular because dvdfab uses cdfreaks as their forum. As for high quality backups well you will have to give them all a try to see which one you like the best. There is dvdfab, dvdnextcopy, 1clickdvdcopy, anydvd with clonedvd2 and they all give you a free trial period to text their program. dvdfab gives you a 30 day free trial. anydvd and clonedvd2 give you a 21 day free trial. dvdnextcopy gives you a 3 day free trial and 1clickdvdcopy gives you a 3 disc copy trial. dvdfab has its own decryptor built in so no need to purchase anything else. anydvd is a decryptor that works on the fly and can be used along with clonedvd2 or another program that you like. dvdnextcopy needs a free plug in called the machinist2DLL to help with the css protection or if you have anydvd you can use that. 1clickdvdcopy also needs a free plugin called dvd43 or you can use anydvd instead.

To my understanding, the reason DVD-Rebuilder was/is good is because it isn’t a transcoder but an encoder. Is this still the case or have the trancoders (DVDFab, 1clickdvdcopy, etc) been able to improve their transcoding processes to the point where the distinction isn’t noticeable. I respect and agree that nothing beats testing something out for yourself, but I always appreciate advice and insight from videophiles (which I am definitely not). Even if I don’t notice subtle differences I still want to try to preserve the highest quality backup that I can.

Well then give dvdnextcopy a try! You get a 3 day trial and it works excellent using the machinist2dll plugin. I have dvdnextcopypro and use it and the quality is just as good as the original. You can even change the quality of your backup using the settings within it. Give it a try and you will like it and they also have their own forum too where you can get more info about it also.

What happened to DVDShrink 3.2 I still use it and it makes great backups. Along Side with IMGburn. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=cougster00;2148720]I having been using DVD-RB with AnyDVD for the past year or so for my DVD backups and was just wondering if something better has come along.
What program produces the highest quality DVD backup to DVD-5?[/QUOTE]

Anydvd doesn’t backup dvd it will rip the dvd and decrypt the dvd but you need a program like CloneCD or CloneDvd to copy the dvd. It is still the best setup and they have their own forum on their slysoft site. They used to be here but I guess the developers left and created their own slysoft forum site for their slysoft products. As for popular is depending on what one needs. I never heard of DVD-RB what is that? Oh yeah plus Anydvd will do HD playback without extra hardware and BD media ripping as well. Oh yeah, I use DVD+R and DVD+R DL media and booktype them to -ROM for compatibility in standalone. And getting quality media like Verbatim +R or +R DL media will produce better backup of your dvd media. Also when you do burn rules to take into account burn at half speed for +R media and in my case DL media I burn at 2.4x. Also don’t multitask will cause bad coasters cause it take alot of computer resources to do copy and burn your dvd. This should improve your burns to the media.

cougster00
I doubt you’ll find a program that makes better DVD5 copies from DVD9 than DVDRebuilder. In fact, I’m certain of it. Since it can utilize CCE or ProCoder or HCenc as encoders for this process, I don’t believe there is anything comparable.

Transcoders will always be inferior in the way they process the dvds. It is simply the way they work. Most people can’t see these differences in their backups unless the movie has a lot of compression, or unless you are viewing on a large screen, or if the movie has a lot of action sequences. Then the higher quality from the encoders will show through.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2148745]I never heard of DVD-RB what is that?[/QUOTE]

DVD-Rebuilder